Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Future Environmental Disasters

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+14 January 2004 - 03:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 14 January 2004 - 03:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@12 January 2004 - 08:30
    By-and-large, they are anti-capitalist, anti-industry, anti-government, anti-tech; basically anti-"everything that made America great".
    america wasn&#39;t great before the arrival of capitalism, industry, government, and technology? the definition of greatness would vary wildly, depending on whom you ask, no? the natives prolly thought it was plenty great, without all of those things-- they certainly had no use for things like, say, banks, railroads, mayors, or gatling guns.

on a different note, this thread has been sorely lacking in real, accurate info about the danger posed to our planet by trees.
    "Trees cause more pollution than automobiles." --Ronald Reagan, 1980
    [/b][/quote]
    So true.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #72
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    ololololol

yeah reagan was a genius

3. The Drawing Room   -   #73
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    J2

I am glad you got that out of your system - it is bad to bottle these things up

I was sent by my senior managers on one of "those" courses intended to make me a more rounded person. I see they sent Kab too - Tom Peters has a lot to answer for.

As for Ronald, I suspect he may have mis-read his brief, coal fired power stations looks a bit like trees if you simply scan read.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #74
    that statement by reagan was fuel for much ridicule, for years. but lately people have re-evaluated that quote a little bit, since scientists have discovered that trees produce gases that are ingredients in air pollution when they mingle with machine-made emissions. but that&#39;s still a far cry from reagan&#39;s suggestion that the stuff that&#39;s produced by trees is pollution in & of itself.

so reagan wasn&#39;t completely incorrect when he made those claims. just almost completely.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #75
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    is how this thread (and board) works.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. The Drawing Room   -   #76
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@14 January 2004 - 09:13
    is how this thread (and board) works.

Pin it&#33;
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #77
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    No can do. But maybe it could become an oft-used picture like the bunny with a pancake.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. The Drawing Room   -   #78
    Originally posted by j2k4+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>AHA&#33;

And what if I demand you prove every shred of what you claim; all this frothing about climactic fluctuations and such&#33;

Your post is idiotic and contemptuous of known fact; where do you come up with such bollocks, and how do you excuse your lack of studies (preferably by private concerns)?

Huh? HUH??&#33;&#33;?

If you don&#39;t have studies and links and googles and stuff, your post is invalid&#33;&#33;&#33;

You are wrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrong.........

Sorry, buddy. I just wanted to see what that felt like.

Vandalous&#33;

I&#39;m with you all the way, Biggles&#33; [/b]

All that because you refused to answer a few of my questions?

Just accept the fact that your ludicrous conspiracies are not logical and have no basis in fact. Having a tantrum about it is hardly going to help now is it?

<!--QuoteBegin-j2k4

Pin it&#33;[/quote]

I suggest you pin a mirror image of that diagram to your forehead so you can read it everytime you look in the mirror.

You have noticed it doesnt say "keep on repeating your own position and refuse to answer any questions" yes?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #79
    Keep the noise down, lefty-I&#39;m busy.

-Mark Twain

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678