Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help With Video Card

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    okay, went to ebay, found better thingy.... should i order it or not (i don't bid on this one, it just says buy now, so i'm guessing i'm buying instead of bidding)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...&category=40158 170 CAD!!! it's a sapphire (good company last i heard) radeon 9600 128 mb, here's what it says:

Features:
    128MB DDR memory accelerates the latest 3D games
    Double Data Rate memory removes hardware performance bottleneck and provides end users with faster 3D graphics
    Industry's only 4-pipeline graphics solution in its 2nd generation, providing twice the rendering power of any currently competing product.
    Supports the new AGP 8X standard, providing a high-speed link between the graphics board and the rest of the PC (2.0 GB/sec)
    First to fully support DirectX® 9.0 and the latest OpenGL® functionality
    VIVO (Video-in & Video-Out) Optional
    New SMARTSHADER™ 2.1 technology allows users to experience complex, movie-quality effects in next-generation 3D games and applications
    SMOOTHVISION™ 2.1 technology enhances image quality by removing jagged edges and bringing out fine texture detail, without compromising performance
    128-bit floating-point color precision allows for a greater range of colors and brightness
    Unique VIDEOSHADER™ engine uses programmable pixel shaders to accelerate video processing and provide better-looking visuals
    ATI's new FULLSTREAM™ technology removes blocky artifacts from Streaming and Internet video and provides sharper image quality.

ohhh, i can't wait!!!! i just got my b-day money in advance (i had to literally beg), i'm gonna build my first comp and it's gonna have this baby!!!! new case, psu, mobo, ram, hdd, moniter, everything!!! i'm so happy i'm angry !!!!!

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    u do noe tht it aint PRO?!lol!

My Blog
    I'm still here.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Lick My Lovepump
    Just search around more and I bet you could find the exact same card brand new for much lower.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@4 January 2004 - 15:50
    Just search around more and I bet you could find the exact same card brand new for much lower.
    lol thts CDN price its at a OK rate but i wud not buy tht card

My Blog
    I'm still here.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Lick My Lovepump
    I found the exact same card searching Google's Froogle for about 20 CANADIAN dollars cheaper.

I use www.xe.com for conversions.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@4 January 2004 - 15:54
    I found the exact same card searching Google's Froogle for about 20 CANADIAN dollars cheaper.

I use www.xe.com for conversions.
    i think he already bought the videocard

im still lookin for one....froogle how wud i noe if they ship to canada

My Blog
    I'm still here.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Lick My Lovepump
    Froogle searches sellers for best prices.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@4 January 2004 - 02:46
    okay, so is the 9500 any good? i heard a while back if you o/c, it could be as good as the 9700 , don't know if that's true. btw, i'm in b.c. (14.5% tax ).
    Yes the 9500 pro is a greaat card if you can find it...14.5 % TAX

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@3 January 2004 - 18:46
    okay, so is the 9500 any good?  i heard a while back if you o/c, it could be as good as the 9700  , don't know if that's true.  btw, i'm in b.c. (14.5% tax        ).  ya, i think ebay is probably my best shot.  in your opinion guys, what's better for price, a geforce or radeon?  i'm thinking about the 9500 and the 9700 (220 bucks isn't bad, i can save up  to that in about a week).  i just need something with direct x9.0 and opengl 2.0 capabilities (need it for upcoming games, duh, doom3 and half life2 in particular).  i'll check out that alberta site, btw, how much tax do you have to pay in alberta?

Cpt-azad im from Van .B C Have you tryed NTCW [ new type computer workshop] here in vancouver I see they have the best prices in the Vancouver area.

Edit Guys please remember this is in Canadian Funny Money please dont have a heart attack! lol .Oh bye the way try Future shop?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    The 9600non pro isnt great...I'd at least get the pro version.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast