Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions Please

uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    KLB-SwApiT
    Swapper KLB <--these 2 are obvously a nod to the board where the app originated

or...

MultiSwap
    Swappa

2. Lounge   -   #32
    kswap

3. Lounge   -   #33
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    SwapWarE

4. Lounge   -   #34
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    fileswap-lite++ (in honour of k-lite, and in honour of the new client&#33;&#33; )

tralalala

5. Lounge   -   #35
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    nah, it has to be something-lite++, it makes it sound nostalgic with modernism in it...

i think fileswap-lite++ or fileswap-lite k++ (if it has extensions or something), are the best names for the new client... ooh i cant wait to see it&#33;&#33;

tralalala

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by infamousalbo101+4 January 2004 - 06:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (infamousalbo101 &#064; 4 January 2004 - 06:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 7thElement@4 January 2004 - 01:06
    <!--QuoteBegin-haxor41789
    @4 January 2004 - 03:54
    This is sort of OT (in the lounge? ), but will this app be entirely legal because all of the networks it supports, including its proprietary one, be decentralized?

I mean if it were to support, say SS, a centralized network, it would probably become illegal.

Would be bad if something becomes illegal just because you support it cause then nobody woould be allowed to code a FTP program (since you can connect to warez ftp&#39;s) etc.

The client itself is 100 % legal cause we don&#39;t run own file list servers (users do if they want).
    Can you let me in to get a sneek peak i wont say anything i jus wanna get a little peak

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee [/b][/quote]
    In terms of sharing the client, there&#39;s nothing worth sharing right now.

The only clients that had been released to the beta-testing team have been barebone so far. 7th is currently interested in getting the fundamental things right first time round before getting the other features in.

Give it time - It&#39;ll be released soon enough. And more importantly of all, when it&#39;s in a ready & stable state for everyone to use

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@4 January 2004 - 04:05
    What about just Swap ?
    clear and simple I like that one

or swapit

but for both the .com domain isnt available

I also like fileswap or bitswap or maybe bitswapper or bitdealer but then again thats to similar to bittorrent

how about swap &#39;em up :gunsmile:

but i personally would call it swapdog thinking about a dog who retrieves the files for you or filechaser

the smileys inspire me so how about pimpswap

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Benno@4 January 2004 - 16:15
    but i personally would call it swapdog thinking about a dog who retrieves the files for you&nbsp; &nbsp; or filechaser
    I&#39;ll admit - I like SwapDog But being the git I am, another suggestion based on the idea could be FileCanine

Another of my own ideas - Phoenix, as a representation of recent events (K-Lite got shut down, the community is gearing towards its own filesharing client instead of dying ). Do I have to explain the legend of the Phoenix?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    revolutionster++

just wanted something that reminds you of napster cos that was the first and at first didn&#39;t sell out which is what p2p should be about - hey that rhymed

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@4 January 2004 - 05:05
    What about just Swap ?
    SwApp then

fileGuerilla
    GuerillaSwap

sorta&#39; underground feel to it.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast