Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nfl Playoffs!

Ok, let us refocus, Denver and Indianapolis is a going to a great game as well.

I like Payton Manning, but my sentimental favorite is Jake Plummer. Anybody who has to endure the incompetence of the Cardinal organization wins my sympathy.

No, I will never forgive Bill Bidwell for moving the team from St. Louis to Arizona. A part my soul died in that move.

I am a bit embarassed at the emotion that subject arouses in me 16 years later. I was born and raised with the St Louis Cardinals, you just can't take the team away. Yes, we have the Rams but the emotion I have for them is 1/100th what I had for my Cardinals.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TNTIcemanTNT@4 January 2004 - 13:45
    You silly yanks, you should be following football, its much better. Oh its 'soccer' to you.
    LOL...you don't wanna go there!!

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Originally posted by TNTIcemanTNT@4 January 2004 - 23:45
    You silly yanks, you should be following football, its much better. Oh its 'soccer' to you.
    We don't disrupt or demean your many soccer threads, so stay out of our lone football thread.

Thanks.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    So shoot me

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Originally posted by TNTIcemanTNT@4 January 2004 - 23:50
    So shoot me
    I was just pointing out that are being an asshole, your reply confirms it.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@4 January 2004 - 13:47

No, I will never forgive Bill Bidwell for moving the team from St. Louis to Arizona. A part my soul died in that move.
    I was born and raised with the St Louis Cardinals, you just can't take the team away. Yes, we have the Rams but the emotion I have for them is 1/100th what I had for my Cardinals.
    Guess I could try and relate. I was born and raised in Philly, now living near Portland, OR (Seattle Seahawks country by the way, glad they lost).

A team gets "in your blood" and becomes a part of you. No matter where I live I'm always a Philly Phan.

I'd be hurtin too if that had ever happend to the Eagles.

mrlessk

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Originally posted by mrlessk+4 January 2004 - 23:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrlessk @ 4 January 2004 - 23:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@4 January 2004 - 13:47

I was born and raised with the St Louis Cardinals, you just can&#39;t take the team away. Yes, we have the Rams but the emotion I have for them is 1/100th what I had for my Cardinals.
    Guess I could try and relate. I was born and raised in Philly, now living near Portland, OR (Seattle Supersonics country by the way, glad they lost).

A team gets "in your blood" and becomes a part of you. No matter where I live I&#39;m always a Philly Phan.

I&#39;d be hurtin too if that had ever happend to the Eagles.

mrlessk [/b][/quote]
    I hope you never have to. Tradition in sports is what makes them so wonderful. One of the few constants that can be shared among all the generations of a family.

Imagine how sports would collapse if teams were moved like players so that the owners could make money or get a new stadium. Just sickening.

To me St. Louis, Dallas, Philly, Washington, and the NY Giants are the real division. It was just how I was brought up.

Ron Jaworski, Harold Carmichael, Wilbert Montgomery- those are Philly boys, just like Jim Hart, Dan Dierdorf, Mel Gray, and Terry Metcalf are my St. Louis boys.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TNTIcemanTNT@4 January 2004 - 13:50
    So shoot me
    OK&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #29
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@4 January 2004 - 14:00
    To me St. Louis, Dallas, Philly, Washington, and the NY Giants are the real division. It was just how I was brought up.
    Yep, in those days team owners felt a certain loyalty to the city they were in, and the fans appreciated and returned that loyalty.
    Now, it&#39;s all about money and to hell with the fans and how they feel.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by TNTIcemanTNT@4 January 2004 - 23:45
    You silly yanks, you should be following football, its much better. Oh its &#39;soccer&#39; to you.
    Yeah fuck off,

Anyway did you see how Green Bay won

An interception return in overtime- amazing

btw in the Colts/Broncos game it was already 7-3

Harrison catches a pass a falls (he&#39;s surrounded 3 Broncos)
    No Bronco toughed him so he just gets back up and runs in the inzone.

Those Broncos were soooooo fucking stupid&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast