Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do I Get Rid Of This Virus For Good?

Poster
    Thanx for ur help...I really appreciate it...I managed to update it ...Hope i dont get any virus alerts anymore.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    If you're using Windows XP, just turn off SYSTEM RESTORE and turn it back on again.

The reason it keeps re-appearing is because its saved in the restore volume, so cannot be deleted directly by AV scanner because its in a protected part of windows.
    Robert00000

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    Poster
    done that...But now Im getting this other virus Win32.Skoob.C trojan...cant find any info on it in google

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by far@7 January 2004 - 03:28
    done that...But now Im getting this other virus Win32.Skoob.C trojan...cant find any info on it in google
    check to see if the infected file is within the running processes, if so shut it down and delete the file.

To do this find which file the virus warning relates to and press CRTL ALT DELETE and take a look in the PROCESSES to see if the file is there, if so highlight and then click END PROCESS.

It will now be possible to delete the infected file from where ever its located.

Its 3 in the morning and bedtime for me so nighty night
    Robert00000

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    Poster
    or just terminate EXPLORER.EXE if you could not see the running file. after that go to RUN in taskmanger and type EXPLORER and u will get WINDOWS BACK, but without the virus/trojan running.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    dudevenezuela's Avatar VIP
    Before getting Rid of the virus Disable system restore ; most of this virus keep coming back because of the system restore

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #17
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    Skoob.C is a variation of the virus you already had. Yup, another one. It seems that the maker of your AV software doesnt have any infomation on it either - could be a new strain, or it could be that its no longer considered "wild".

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #18
    Poster
    Havent had any virus alerts since the last time I shut down system restore...Think the bloody thing might be gone now.
    Oh yeah...And I looked for it in "processes" nothing there.

Thanx alot for ur advises

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12