Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Optical Mouse

Poster
    i have already downloaded the drivers for this mouse but nothing seems to happen. in device manager under the heading universal serial bus controllers it lists in order- unknown device, usb root hub and then 'via rev 2 usb universal host controller'. why does it say unknown device?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    u need windows xp sp1 to use usb 2.0 so u might have some problems with usb devices until u downlaod and install sp1. go to www.windowsupdate.com to get it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    i think your right about sp1, i had it before but it slowed my system right down. i am aware that there are hotfix's for the usb that i can download without having to have the full sp1. i have looked at the microsoft update site and put usb into the search engine and a few items were listed about problems with the usb on xp but i didnt understand it, i have to know exactly what the problem is before i can download one of those hotfix's for the usb. i would be grateful if you could put the exact link here for me which will download load it for me.thank you please note i do not want to install sp1, i just want the correct stuff for my usb thingy. thanx

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@7 January 2004 - 17:59
    First of all 'upgrading' from ME is not a good idea. You will have much fewer problems if you format and reinstall XP as a clean install.

For further reference you have a Trust mouse. Much easier to find information than Ami.

Check this site and try the driver from them: http://www.trust.com/home/default.htm?view...3Fartnr%3D12329
    But, if he got his computer through a place like Dell, or HP, and it has ME on it, then he wont be able to really upgrade, let alone fresh install to Xp, because they dont give you a driver CD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12