Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oracom Or Iriver

Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by The Legend+8 January 2004 - 23:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Legend &#064; 8 January 2004 - 23:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@8 January 2004 - 18:13
    <!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater
    @8 January 2004 - 01:10
    like legand said, to get high amounts of mp3s on a small card, it encodes to lower bitrate, that means sounds can be cracking and ect

EDIT: typo

What are you on about?

The mp3 player doesn&#39;t encode music into smaller bitrates. Its just a rubbish mp3 player if it has bad audio quality.

You encode the mp3s, at whatever bitrate, and then put it onto the mp3 player. The mp3 player plays them.

Oh yes, in response to this Thread, read more reviews.
    I didn&#39;t understand it either...wasn&#39;t the point I was making [/b][/quote]
    I noticed that

Ah well, just leave it.

Oh yes, about 320k support, it usually tells you in the specifications of the mp3 player. The newer ones (I mean the smaller ones, not iPods etc) are only just getting 320k support.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Mad Cat+8 January 2004 - 17:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat @ 8 January 2004 - 17:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx@8 January 2004 - 21:15
    My friend has a 20GB HDD Creative Juvo (I think its called a Juvo...) Anyway, I know its a creative and it holds a TON of songs, and its all organized VERY well.&nbsp; The sound quality is great and it also looks cool.
    I think you got the Jukebox and MuVo mixed up. It&#39;s probably a Jukebox if its 20GB. [/b][/quote]
    I think Creative makes the Jukebox for Dell.

I got the 20G version, and, having played with an ipod, I like my Jukebox better, even if it is a tad bigger.

Battery life is outasight (I&#39;ve gotten 16+ hrs without killing the battery yet, and I&#39;m always screwing around changing playlists, volume, etc.), sound quality is tops (I got Sennheiser MX 500 buds) and I couldn&#39;t be happier.

Got an incredible deal cause Dell screwed up; the player and ALL the accessories for a bit less than &#036;300.

I also DLed Dudebox for file management and loading-for &#036;20 I can&#39;t complain.

So, all in for about &#036;350.

Cool.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Lick My Lovepump
    MuVo2s are cool, I think they got 1.5GB versions out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12