Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: How Good Is Your Anti-virus/anti-trojan?

Poster
    My antivirus detected, removed or repaired all of the viruses (it didn't miss 1).
    I use H+BEDV antivir workstation version:
    I 4got about the scr33n shots and I'm too lazy to do them. Try them urself with
    the above ativirrus.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2. Software & Hardware   -   #92
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    turn off the virus scanner so it can extract?
    haha, but isnt the purpose of a strong antivirus to kill a virus before it infects?
    Once it infects, you have a lower chance of removal.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #93
    hmmm well my nortons scan was exactly the same it found 590 viruses and fixed 300 and wanted me to quarinteen all the others execpt 2 and there was 1 it couldnt get rid off, but i just deleted it

i think thats pretty good, thats about 98% detection rate which is acceptable even in the antivirus industry, i think its more important that your av gets it right most of the time and doesnt have false positives, which by the way are what the other files are that arnt detected, they are a base line if you get all 600 files detected as viruses then your a/v program is just average and might just start detecting important stuff on your comp that aint virus at all

4. Software & Hardware   -   #94
    BANNED
    mcafee 7.0 pro found 591 deleted all per my request wtf are the other 3??

5. Software & Hardware   -   #95
    i tested a few antivirus progs this morning and to say i am dissapointed with the results is an understatement&#33;

total files in the "virus package is 594" 594 viruses found yep u guessed it pc-cillin
    all the different versions of norton didnt even come close. Dr.web, found 590 viruses.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #96
    hmm...i&#39;ve tested with avg 7.0 email server edition...and to my surprise, i only found 559, three less than the previous person who tried it
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910