Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Usa And It's Influence.

Its magic baby!
    aha but what type of medicine..... im sure we can devise soem arguement surrounding its effectiveness
    Wiz.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@11 January 2004 - 20:02
    another nationlism debat eh?

i gotta give these dudes some credits eh? spending all day discussing important issues around them.

me? i do nothing all day but studying medicine, so one day i could use the skillz i've acquired to help ppl, not kill them.

and may your first malpractice lawsuit be a happy one

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Double Agent
    very funny

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@11 January 2004 - 21:02
    another nationlism debat eh?

Not meant as a nationalistic thread, actually more about human psychology.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Originally posted by hobbes
    Well, we can't please everyone.  Your government would probably do something similar to ours if it could and the matching need was there.
    You seem very insistent on this point hobbes but I really dont think it's significant. If you think the people who criticise the US would support their own government if it were doing the same things then thats a different matter altogether.

But simply pointing out that most governments are as bad as each other has no bearing on the opinions of the citizens nor does it weaken their position when it comes to criticising US foreign policy.

Its not about pleasing people either, its about fundamental things such as the overthrowing of democratic governments and the consequent destabilisation of the affected countries.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Originally posted by leftism+11 January 2004 - 22:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leftism &#064; 11 January 2004 - 22:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    Well, we can&#39;t please everyone. Your government would probably do something similar to ours if it could and the matching need was there.
    You seem very insistent on this point hobbes but I really dont think it&#39;s significant. If you think the people who criticise the US would support their own government if it were doing the same things then thats a different matter altogether.

[/b][/quote]
    Let us say that Australia was not self sufficient in oil, but was militarily very strong.

Would your elected officials tell you that you are just going to have to give up living as you are accustomed and learn to deal with thread bare provisions, or would they endeavor to secure a needed resource so that citizens could continue to live as they always have.

I suggest the latter.

Just remember, any military action would be done under the guise of national security, not for oil.

Most citizens of democratic nations feel that their government is looking to secure their future. Most of what it does is unknown to them. In regard to your statement, I say "absolutely" and they would be here, like me, fending off cheap shots at their country. Notice how 4th generation noob has dug up an old hypoluxa (Things I hate about Bush) thread just for this reason. A perfect example of my point about human psychology.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by hobbes@11 January 2004 - 06:53
    The attacks I have seen have been personal. "Stupid Americans" heads the list. The problem I have is that you are directing these statement at all of us, when, in fact, the contingent that supports this is very small.
    by making remarks like this hobbes you then redirect all youre angst against everyone there by creating teh same generalisations that you are trying to escape from
    Wiz.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1+11 January 2004 - 23:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wizard_Mon1 @ 11 January 2004 - 23:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@11 January 2004 - 06:53
    The attacks I have seen have been personal.&nbsp; "Stupid Americans" heads the list.&nbsp; The problem I have is that you are directing these statement at all of us, when, in fact, the contingent that supports this is very small.
    by making remarks like this hobbes you then redirect all youre angst against everyone there by creating teh same generalisations that you are trying to escape from [/b][/quote]
    What are you even talking about?

I have directed no anger toward anyone.

I am attempting to discern what is legit criticism and what is a motivated for other reasons.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Its magic baby!
    well exuse me then i detected a hint of anger in your posts (easy mistake to make while comunicating via posts).

especially with your angry avatar
    Wiz.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@11 January 2004 - 23:23
    well exuse me then i detected a hint of anger in your posts (easy mistake to make while comunicating via posts).

especially with your angry avatar
    Oh, my avatar is not angry, but rather quite mad, quite mad, indeed.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast