Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Thru Assault

AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Originally posted by hobbes@12 January 2004 - 10:06

Shiela,

This may be a gender issue, sorry to suprise you, but that is how I feel.

That woman should have taken the  "morning after pill" and this issue would have been settled.

She wanted this pregnancy.

As a man, I understand that nature strongly drives women to want to be mothers.  Men want sex, women want babies.

Did the family involved have any children, this would be enlightening information.
    But would the morning after pill have settled the situation or would there still be the "Some Other Mans Dick In My Wife" issue to deal with?

How awful to be trying to come to terms with being raped, and I have been raped, and have some selfish bastard crapping on about himself and how he can't deal with it. Or yeah, even better, kick her in the stomach. The pain men will deal out to women to satisfy thier own ego's is endless. I can't believe so many of you feel this way.

Edit: J'Pol I wasn't actually referring to your post. I have children to take care of and can't be bothered specifying. It takes too long.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Well you are going off-topic.

We are talking pregnancy not just that fact a women has been raped.
    If a man leaves due his mate being raped (which I understand happens) the man, imo, is a bastard.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #43

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Originally posted by summerlinda+12 January 2004 - 01:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (summerlinda &#064; 12 January 2004 - 01:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@12 January 2004 - 01:06
    As a man, I understand that nature strongly drives women to want to be mothers.&nbsp; Men want sex, women want babies.
    Could you please speak for yourself mister know it all?[/b][/quote]
    What is your point?

I made a generalization which I think is germane to this thread.

That woman could have gone to the hospital and received a medicine to block a successful pregnacy the next day, she did not.

When you gather with relatives, who wants to hold the babies, men or women?

My statement is completely valid as a generalization.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Originally posted by AussieSheila+12 January 2004 - 01:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AussieSheila &#064; 12 January 2004 - 01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@12 January 2004 - 10:06

Shiela,

This may be a gender issue, sorry to suprise you, but that is how I feel.

That woman should have taken the&nbsp; "morning after pill" and this issue would have been settled.

She wanted this pregnancy.

As a man, I understand that nature strongly drives women to want to be mothers.&nbsp; Men want sex, women want babies.

Did the family involved have any children, this would be enlightening information.
    But would the morning after pill have settled the situation or would there still be the "Some Other Mans Dick In My Wife" issue to deal with?

How awful to be trying to come to terms with being raped, and I have been raped, and have some selfish bastard crapping on about himself and how he can&#39;t deal with it. Or yeah, even better, kick her in the stomach. The pain men will deal out to women to satisfy thier own ego&#39;s is endless. I can&#39;t believe so many of you feel this way.[/b][/quote]
    Shiela,

Your last post really highlights the complexity of all this. I am sorry for your experience, but had you been my wife, I would not have raised that child.

That is how I feel, that is what nature dictates as well. My mice model supports this to a tee,
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by Busyman@12 January 2004 - 00:23

If a man leaves due his mate being raped (which I understand happens) the man, imo, is a bastard.
    she was raped and shes keeping it is it is relevant

i think if this really was to happen people would react very differently
    Wiz.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    under my previous alias, i posted on the subject of abortion, and although my views differed to J&#39;Pol&#39;s, he informed me he was quite moved by what i had said.

he isn&#39;t a hard-ass, he just has strong beliefs.

my personal view, in summary from that last thread, is that ultimately the decision should always rest with the mother, but she should take into consideration all parties involved, baby included.

I am for abortion, but not in a casual way, factors like rape, high chance of baby being severely disabled, high chance of mother dying during birth are some examples where i think abortion is acceptable. adoption is a better option for people who have just made a mistake.

a child born into a world where it wouldn&#39;t receive love shouldn&#39;t really be born at all.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by Busyman@11 January 2004 - 20:23

true he should be supportive but it&#39;s different when she get&#39;s pregant and wants to keep it ??

i mean she actully haves to see the guy in way threw the child and so would the father so i see no problem if she had the baby and he left

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Its magic baby!
    when you can prove that mice have the same emotional attachment as humans then i might listen
    Wiz.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Poster
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@12 January 2004 - 01:20

Edit: J&#39;Pol I wasn&#39;t actually referring to your post. I have children to take care of and can&#39;t be bothered specifying. It takes too long.
    Fair enough.

Sometimes there are trains of thought and expressions of opinion that one wishes to disassociate ones self from. Or at least not be inadvertently associated with.

I take your point re the time issue. I have a barrow load of my own, I know how much time they need.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast