Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Access Windows Partition

BANNED
    Mate you could try loging on through the xp recovery console on the cd.
    You could either try coping tthe folders over or attemp to fix it.
    Type help for the commands & try bootcfg to scan the drives for all installtion ,what it finds it'll add to the boot.ini file.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    the boot thingy didnt seem to do much, i think thats more for setting the time for which you can select which of the 2 boots to use. thanks anyhow, all help is appreciated

and i tried to use the recovery thing, but the problem is that the one which is screwed is XP home, upgraded to XP pro, so the only bootable disk i have is the home, which doesnt seem to work - ill take another look - didnt notice a help command, tis a long time since i did things through dos prompt

thanks guys....
    <insert signature here>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Disable simple file sharing in folder options and right click the whole drive and give yourself permissions. It will inherit parent permissions by default so that should give you access to the whole partition instead of a single file or folder.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by shn@11 February 2004 - 02:51
    Disable simple file sharing in folder options and right click the whole drive and give yourself permissions. It will inherit parent permissions by default so that should give you access to the whole partition instead of a single file or folder.
    you&#39;re a star - Im gonna give this a shot when i get home - damn partition been sat there for over a month

<insert signature here>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12