Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vcd, Svcd, Kvcd

I think kvcd all the way... as for you TheFilePirater u must have had a crappy kvcd or kvcd's. all mine are very very close to dvd quiltey and u really can't notice it!

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Kvcd doesn't use bitrate it uses CQ (Constant Quality)

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    BANNED
    Of course it uses a bitrate mate.

Its kind of like a mix between cbr a one pass vbr.If you click the settings button next to it you can adjust the bitrate.Althou mate if your movie turns out slightly off the size you want adjust the quality setting instead,1-4 eqauls around 100mb.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Yeah, the rate of the data that the movie uses to determine how much space it will use up but I meant it doesn't use CBR or VBR unless u use CQ_VBR yeah don't always trust that 1-4 equals 100 rule because it has been proven wrong when I was trying to encode a movie when I first started.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by muchspl2+12 January 2004 - 20:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 12 January 2004 - 20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@12 January 2004 - 19:46
    Kvcd isn&#39;t that compatible tho
    I have tried it in about 30 different players, most have no problems playing kvcd [/b][/quote]
    were those new or older dvd players? i bought mine 3 years ago. they didn&#39;t invent svcd or kvcd back then. svcd don&#39;t work, and never bothered to try kvcd, cuz i remember they didn&#39;t have em b4

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Gre1@13 January 2004 - 14:25
    Yeah, the rate of the data that the movie uses to determine how much space it will use up but I meant it doesn&#39;t use CBR or VBR unless u use CQ_VBR yeah don&#39;t always trust that 1-4 equals 100 rule because it has been proven wrong when I was trying to encode a movie when I first started.
    ????????? What are you on about?

Every movie uses either CBR or VBR. VBR by definintion is Constant Quality over CBR&#39;s Constant Size.

Movies with VBR keep the quality constant on action or distant sequences
    by increasing the bitrate on those sequences.

With VCD&#39;s, because it uses CBR, therefore, keeping the bitrate the same throughout, you can see fuzzyness on action sequences, and too many bits are wasted on sequences that don&#39;t need them, like close up sequences where people are just talking.

KVCD is ineffect VCD with VBR, thats why you get better quality or smaller size (depending on your settings) because more bits are shifted to where its needed to keep the quality of the picture, less are used on close up sequences.
    Robert00000

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Number 1 love for Kvcd

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+13 January 2004 - 09:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power &#064; 13 January 2004 - 09:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by muchspl2@12 January 2004 - 20:10
    <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan
    @12 January 2004 - 19:46
    Kvcd isn&#39;t that compatible tho

I have tried it in about 30 different players, most have no problems playing kvcd
    were those new or older dvd players? i bought mine 3 years ago. they didn&#39;t invent svcd or kvcd back then. svcd don&#39;t work, and never bothered to try kvcd, cuz i remember they didn&#39;t have em b4 [/b][/quote]
    kvcd is just non standard vcd, if your dvd plays vcd it should play kvcd
    in fact you can probably play svcd. you into the header trick, you can make your cdr think its vcd even though its encoded mpeg2 (svcd)
    and time doesn&#39;t mean anything, most were all newer, but even my 1996 laserdisc/dvd player can play kvcd, sadly it doesn&#39;t play svcd or skvcd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12