Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I Keep My Firewall Running?

aserty's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@17 January 2004 - 03:26
    i have another q. b4 i installed my router, my speed according to bandwidthplace.com was 2.6megabits. now after my router is installed it's 1.5 megabits/s. wtf!!
    Your speed varies based on a lot of things, it could jsut e a slower server.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Well I say keep them all. As for slowdown on router I know my wireless is affected by inches from one place to another, it can get so crappy that I can barely surf the web if in the wrong spot...

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    I already had made sure to use port forwarding for my port from the router.....however I didn't open the ports udp and tcp through zone alarm pro.... thanks for the help from everyone, and ur advice Switeck. so my connection should be 100% now????????? do I need to run any other programs?

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i get the same speed in bandwidth tests on a lot of sites. pcpitstop and bandwidth place both say i have 1.5megabits, when i had 2.6 megabits before my router was installed. how do i fix this?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by John91783@17 January 2004 - 13:30
    so my connection should be 100% now????????? do I need to run any other programs?
    You also need KaNAT running constantly -- and you may even need it in ASM mode or it'll latch back into "firewalled" mode in the middle of searches.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12