Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xp Log On Screen

yes just delete that asp account and everything should be ok, you don't need a password

I had one turn up once when I did a windows update

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    awesome! job's done
    thanks boys
    much appreciated
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Kai glad its fixed I only download critical updates. I like to know what the others do . Do you have auto updates enabled? Might what to check that out

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    nope, but i just installed my OS on my new comp, so i had to go and get some updates for it, so i got all the critical and a few of the recommended as well
    as for autoupdate yeah i have that on. i didn't on my last comp, just to save as many resources as i could, but i figure i've got plenty to spare with this one
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15

I find that very very funny

If its still going to be their, it defeats the purpose of turning the bastard off

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@16 January 2004 - 21:52

I find that very very funny

If its still going to be their, it defeats the purpose of turning the bastard off
    What would you recomend?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@16 January 2004 - 19:17
    no dice NightStalker...
    that just makes it come up with a window where i have to type in my password anyway, just doesnt give me the menu where i can just click a pic, so it's just harder
    but thanks for trying
    anyone else?

Kai
    Not a good idea. Sounds like you want the click the pick auto login thingie.

Thats a security risk. Its not wise to do that, hell with windows its not wise to even display what users have accounts on the sytem period. Whether it be through a one click user posted image on the welcome screen, or a displaying last user logon when the welcome screen is disabled.

Just get tweakui or do it in the group policy settings. Disable the welcome screen and use the regular logon where you have to enter a "username" and "password" everytime you log on to the to the box.

Youll get to see plenty of your user account picture when you click your start menu and your logged on safely.

Btw, you need a asp.net account on your machine if you ever want be able to run ms asp.net web content on IIS with that machine. If your strickly a php kinda guy then you go boy!!!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    BANNED
    Never got any critical updates, service packs, or whatever, and I don't use any firewall (expect winxp's one). Bottom line: it doesn't matter how much critical updates you install. What really matters is HO[B]W you actually use your computer.

Take me for example, never had any trouble since I know what to do and what to not do

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    The ASP.net account was created after you had installed the Microsoft .NET Framework. Happened to me as well and had to delete the ASP.net account from the User Accounts. Damn! Microsoft should tell us about this beforehand!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12