Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fastfood Secrets Revealed

Um, the book your looking for may be called McLibel.

Aargh, who had to post the chicken head?? I seriously ate McNuggets about ten minutes ago....

2. Lounge   -   #12
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    There's Fast Food Nation which is likely what you're looking for.

Edit: Or I could've looked at the "nevermind I found it" post.
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Lounge   -   #13
    U know i never understand y fast food companies are blamed for obesity?!
    We all know that they put crap in it so if people want to be greedy and over eat, then become obese, and eventually die because of it then it's their own fault. Sorry to be synical but hey, as Charles Darwin said: Survival Of The Fittest.
    If you havn't got the will power to withstand advertisements on tv then you are weak and deserve to be eliminated! Wow, what a rant! i think i went a bit too far!

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by kenken@1 February 2004 - 19:32
    U know i never understand y fast food companies are blamed for obesity?!
    We all know that they put crap in it so if people want to be greedy and over eat, then become obese, and eventually die because of it then it's their own fault. Sorry to be synical but hey, as Charles Darwin said: Survival Of The Fittest.
    If you havn't got the will power to withstand advertisements on tv then you are weak and deserve to be eliminated!   Wow, what a rant! i think i went a bit too far!
    Yea.. the this is truely a world of where only the smartest or strongest will strive.
    They actually say intelligence is better than strength since you can allways make up for it very easy if you know how. (heh machines)
    anyways, the motto shoulda been something like survival of the smartest and strongest(survival of the greatest). That way your healthy and have intelligence.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    I agree to a sertain extent, but it would be wrong to become too Americanised (don't worry i'm not anti-America). But what i basically mean is the lazyitous that exists in America, for example getting machines to do everything and making everything automatic; and also the fact that 80% of all car drivers in america can't drive manual cars! What i'm trying to say is that if we become too reliant on machinery then we will eventually evolve into either fat slobs who can't do anything for themselves or puny irrational scientists who know nothing about manual work .

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Want me to ripp this book for you guys?
    I got the real life copy right now.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    hell yes! that would be great
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

8. Lounge   -   #18
    muchspl2
    yes I can host it for a bit on my ftp depending on how big it is

9. Lounge   -   #19
    ashutosh_cool16's Avatar Internet Addict
    neone has e-book of Fast food nation?
    [IMG]http://img272.echo.cx/img272/9836/band8sw.gif[IMG]

10. Lounge   -   #20
    I need some software that makes book rippin a little faster, because currently it's taken me atleast 30sec-1min to rip each page because of all the damn dialogs requireing me to type a filename to save as, etc.
    I need a program, that automaticly saves em into a folder and names em 1, 2, 3, etc...
    It should just have a dialog that pops up and you can ether click "next" or "cancel".
    Anyone heard of some software like this? I'd get the book ripped a.s.a.p if so.
    The scanner takes about 6 seconds to scan each page and if i could just flip the page and click ok to start another automaticly named scan, then it'd be about 10 sec per page. The book is about 200+ pages.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast