Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For Those Who Don't Believe In God

Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    god gave man a brain and a penis,
    but only enough blood to use them one at a time.

Robin Williams

2. Lounge   -   #12
    GCNaddict's Avatar Poster
    my ideas:
    • god created the earth 4.6billion years ago
    • God started life from nothing (little algae and stuff)
    • God had them evolve over 4.575 billion years into humans

God is still here! its just that i dont think that God made the world in 7 days (especially when science proves otherwise)

I try to merge religion and Science together, to produce some sort of harmony that makes sense in my mind

3. Lounge   -   #13
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    If you don't believe in god then..........clap your hands
    If you don't trust the lord then............clap you hands
    If you reject the possibility of an aiety then.......clap your hands
    and join the Athiest Tabanacle chior

Spitting Image

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

4. Lounge   -   #14
    BANNED
    Interesting topic..... ok I'm not much of a long-typer but I'm gonna say some stuff now.

I do not believe something unless I SEE it. This makes me a scientist.

The bible was/is a book written by humans. Therefore, everything on the good ole book can be true or lies because human tends to do so (be a shaky column between truth and deception).

So here's my point. And I'm gonna quote something from Devil's Advocate because I believe the actual argument of that speech gives:

Code:
    Al Pacino: ... Guilt is like a bag of fucking bricks. All you gotta is set it down... Who are you carrying all those bricks for anyway? God? Is that it? God? Well I tell you. Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift and then what does he do? I swear, for his own amusement, his own private cosmic gag reel he sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch but don't taste. Taste... don't swallow. And while you're jumping on one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughing his sick fucking ass off. He's a tightass. He's a sadist. He's an absentee-landlord! Worship that? Never! 

Keanu Reeves: Better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven. Is that it? 

Al Pacino: Why not? I'm here on the ground with my nose in it since the whole thing began. I've nurtured every sensation man has been inspired to have. I cared about what he wanted, and I never judged him. Why? Because I never rejected him. Inspite of all his imperfections, I'm a fan of man! I'm a humanist.
    I rest my case

Lot's of true reasons and facts.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I've always looked at religion as a way to control the masses. When fear of punishment was no longer working, they had to come up with something... ah, yes... fear of eternal damnation!! Now that'll get em...

I agree that Christ was probaby a person, and that he was probably a great man, who had lots of followers. But I'm disinclined to believe in God, the bible, and anything religious. I tried when I was young, I was actually raised Catholic, but the priests got very tired of me interrupting mass with laughter and skeptical snickers. I tried Catholic School for a while too... but they asked me to leave, because I disrupted religion class too much by asking questions. I thought that rather funny - isn't that how we as a people learn? By asking questions? I remember my religion teacher telling me once, "The wisdom of God is not to be questioned." My reply was, "If he didn't want us questioning, then he shouldn't have given us free will, huh?"

Being totally honest, I have no problem with religion, I do believe that some people need it for comfort and peace of mind. I don't need to have faith in something I cannot see or feel for peace of mind, I have enough faith in myself and those I love. The ONLY problem I have ever had with religion is when someone religious, be it Christian, Jewish, Buddhist or Muslim, tries to convince me that I'm wrong. I don't force my beliefs upon anyone, in fact I rarely discuss them. I look it as I believe what I believe, you believe what you believe. We're all wecome to have our own opinions. I've actually had people choose not to be friends with me anymore after learning my beliefs, actually some of my family as well. I question why this is. Does it make me a different person than I was before I told you? Not in the slightest. But my grandmother barely speaks to me now that she knows.

Okay. I know I have more to say... but I'll leave it for now. Besides I have visitors now

6. Lounge   -   #16
    BANNED
    120% agree with you B)

7. Lounge   -   #17
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by GCNaddict@18 January 2004 - 14:27
    my ideas:
    • god created the earth 4.6billion years ago
    • God started life from nothing (little algae and stuff)
    • God had them evolve over 4.575 billion years into humans
    God is still here! its just that i dont think that God made the world in 7 days (especially when science proves otherwise)

I try to merge religion and Science together, to produce some sort of harmony that makes sense in my mind
    God's days could be a little longer than our days...

8. Lounge   -   #18
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@18 January 2004 - 12:35
    The reason i dont believe in religion or god is because everything that is in life, can be explained with science. (except what was before the big bang)

(if you dont believe think of a question and google it )

So there is a God and his name is GOOGLE

I have to admit that i am bordering on the side of doubting there is a God but i would never say for sure that there definatly isn't one because i am not so arrogant as to think i am always right ( i know, i must be on the wrong forum ).
    I have seen too many bad things in person to believe and the explaination that God has a reason for me is total crap.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    This debate is ultimately pointless, as our brains are too small to comprehend anything we cant see or have evidence of, or anything that doesnt exist in this universe, so we pig headedly make assumptions and force them on others

(all IMO of course )

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i once tried to change my teachers midn about evolution - didnt work

thats as scientific as i get
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast