Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For Those Who Don't Believe In God

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    two words, big bang

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@18 January 2004 - 19:39
    two words, big bang
    i agree

god isn't real, there is no way he lives in the clouds, he would get hit by a plane

3. Lounge   -   #23
    internet.news
    Ok, I am thinking as one's mind is consisting of energy I probably would exist in a kind of energy, maybe some sort of ghost, but not something you can see. I mean, I belive already dead people could still see us, maybe. I don't love this, If I would be some sort of energy I would try not to look in everyone's house - I would even in death try to respect personal issues of ppl

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Originally posted by nigel123+18 January 2004 - 17:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 18 January 2004 - 17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GCNaddict@18 January 2004 - 14:27
    my ideas:
    • god created the earth 4.6billion years ago
    • God started life from nothing (little algae and stuff)
    • God had them evolve over 4.575 billion years into humans
    God is still here&#33; its just that i dont think that God made the world in 7 days (especially when science proves otherwise)

I try to merge religion and Science together, to produce some sort of harmony that makes sense in my mind
    God&#39;s days could be a little longer than our days... [/b][/quote]
    If true it completely cjanges the entire contents of the Bible..What other terms don&#39;t maych ours?...Love? hate envy?...pain?..for true communication both parties hafta understand one another and KNOW the cultural/philosphical differences in their speech words syntax..time measurement..everything..one small inconsistency can doom understanding..

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Religion is great to lean on unless it becomes a crutch

George Carlin

6. Lounge   -   #26
    God works in natural laws ie science. So why cant they both work in harmony? Every miracle would have a scientific explanition, but many have said the more we know, the more we realize we know nothing. Thats why i think there has to be a higher being.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    BANNED
    Originally posted by evildon@18 January 2004 - 23:03
    Religion is great to lean on unless it becomes a crutch

George Carlin
    You mean when people start saying things like "God will provide the money, God will give me this and that (referring to material things)"?

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by nigel123+18 January 2004 - 16:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 18 January 2004 - 16:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GCNaddict@18 January 2004 - 14:27
    my ideas:
    God is still here&#33; its just that i dont think that God made the world in 7 days (especially when science proves otherwise)

I try to merge religion and Science together, to produce some sort of harmony that makes sense in my mind
    God&#39;s days could be a little longer than our days... [/b][/quote]
    It took god 4.575 billion years to finish making the earth?&#33;? I could have made it out of lego in that time...

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by Withcheese+20 January 2004 - 01:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 20 January 2004 - 01:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by nigel123@18 January 2004 - 16:28
    <!--QuoteBegin-GCNaddict
    @18 January 2004 - 14:27
    my ideas:

God&#39;s days could be a little longer than our days...
    It took god 4.575 billion years to finish making the earth?&#33;? I could have made it out of lego in that time... [/b][/quote]
    has he finished? if god is a perfectionist would you say man is perfect?

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by RGX@18 January 2004 - 18:59
    This debate is ultimately pointless, as our brains are too small to comprehend anything we cant see or have evidence of, or anything that doesnt exist in this universe, so we pig headedly make assumptions and force them on others

(all IMO of course )
    seconded
    Wiz.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast