Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disney Blatently Against Filesharing

Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    We can hardly complain about companies trying to protect their interests. After all the poor music companies have invested greatly at ripping off the artists and public. They need our support.

Yeah right!!!

I mean this is hardly a new threat to them, I can remember as a child borrowing music albums from the library only to tape them when I got home and some years ago Amstrad produced a twin deck video recorder. This copying of copyrighted material has always being around, granted it’s on a much larger scale now as more people have access to the technology. They might be able to pick us off one by one, but for everyone they get another ten take they place. They’re never going to stop us. They just need to make it more viable for us to buy originals instead of copies. How, who knows but a price drop would go a long way.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    One of the other things they need to do is drop this crap of releasing a movie in the States first. I mean what’s that all about. Is it that the average American needs more time to understand the plot than the rest of the world or what? Why should we over here in the UK have to wait to see films we’ve made just so that the Americans can see them first?

Now I know I’m going off the topic, but I’m already on my high horse. Why is it every piece of software I install asks me if I want ‘American English’. Erm I’m sorry to bust your bubble but we invented English in England that’s why it’s called English. You want independence well go and get your own language. OK I’ve said my piece I’m getting out the saddle now.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Sneepboy's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Leech_Killer@1 March 2003 - 06:15
    One of the other things they need to do is drop this crap of releasing a movie in the States first. I mean what’s that all about. Is it that the average American needs more time to understand the plot than the rest of the world or what? Why should we over here in the UK have to wait to see films we’ve made just so that the Americans can see them first?

Now I know I’m going off the topic, but I’m already on my high horse. Why is it every piece of software I install asks me if I want ‘American English’. Erm I’m sorry to bust your bubble but we invented English in England that’s why it’s called English. You want independence well go and get your own language. OK I’ve said my piece I’m getting out the saddle now.
    I have no idea why movies are released here first. Maybe we are a "test" market?

About the English though. It isn't really "American English" it is English XP. It was marketed to us
    as a "better" English. Our forefathers were told if we used it, our words would'nt crash so much. So what did we do? We make up tounge twisters and rap music. Oh well, I guess you just cant win.

Now slightly more seriously, how about Spanish? The spanish spoken in Mexico isn't exactly the same as it's mother country Spain. I think language evolves. I think due to different dialects and accents, languages change in different parts of the world. Anyways, Im just guessing. Im not nearly stoned enough for this conversation.

Peace

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by Leech_Killer@1 March 2003 - 13:15
    Erm I’m sorry to bust your bubble but we invented English in England that’s why it’s called English. You want independence well go and get your own language. OK I’ve said my piece I’m getting out the saddle now.
    Sorry to have to correct you, but English is actually made up from a lot of different languages fused together (Latin, Saxon, various parts of the Scandanavian language, Gaelic etc) So I guess American English is just an off shoot, as is Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Australian etc.

Please don't turn this into another Xenophobic thread.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by mrcall1969@1 March 2003 - 17:55
    Please don't turn this into another Xenophobic thread.
    I'll second that- racism is not just about colour. Lets keep it friendly.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by mrcall1969+1 March 2003 - 18:55--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrcall1969 @ 1 March 2003 - 18:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Leech_Killer@1 March 2003 - 13:15
    Erm I’m sorry to bust your bubble but we invented English in England that’s why it’s called English. You want independence well go and get your own language. OK I’ve said my piece I’m getting out the saddle now.
    Sorry to have to correct you, but English is actually made up from a lot of different languages fused together (Latin, Saxon, various parts of the Scandanavian language, Gaelic etc) So I guess American English is just an off shoot, as is Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Australian etc.

Please don&#39;t turn this into another Xenophobic thread. [/b][/quote]
    What&#39;s xylophonic bread, a musical sandwich.

Seriously languages evolve and change. They are living and belong to the people that speak them. American English is a different language, in a very real way. There are different words for the same thing and the same words mean different things. I am sure that within the USA, being such a big place, there are different versions of English.

I can assure you that I do not speak the same language as a Londoner. Which is better, well that&#39;s a value judgement and is purely subjective.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Ex-member
    to get back vaguely on-topic:

As more people pirate, the media companies have to charge more to make up for the loss.
    As the prices go up, more people turn to acquiring pirate stuff.
    As more people pirate, the media companies have to charge more to make up for the loss.
    And so on... it&#39;s a vicious circle.

8. File Sharing   -   #28

Isn&#39;t it JimF???

Getting back on topic: aww, Lamsey best me to it

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Ex-member
    It appears to be JmiF now... seems the admins are picking on him for some reason.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Maybe its short for Jimmi F...? oh well... ok no more getting off topic now...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast