Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Ok Religion

Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by evildon+20 January 2004 - 06:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (evildon &#064; 20 January 2004 - 06:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@20 January 2004 - 00:56
    Originally posted by Spindulik@19 January 2004 - 22:40
    <!--QuoteBegin-evildon
    @19 January 2004 - 18:31
    ...should we all shoot ourself in the foot so we can appreciate what it feels like to get shot? Is that Gods logic?

ED

Apparently so, otherwise there is no God.

where exactly did i say that?
    When you said that 911 was a lesseon to teach us how prescious life is....I dont need to see 4000 people die on TV to kow how precious life is..I dont need my foot blown off(random over the top example) to know how presious my foot is...same logic progression..

ED [/b][/quote]
    I did not at anypoint say it was, i mearly suggested it as possible a possible motive.
    Plus i did not mean it in the sense you have taken it, i simply mean&#39;t that with horrfic occurances like 911 maybe it is time the world stopped the production of nukes signed a universal peace treaty and stopped trying to hurt each other. So to teach us how precious life is so that we all understand that drastic changes need to be made in the world in order to prevent segregation and hate.
    Wiz.

2. Lounge   -   #82
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by evildon+20 January 2004 - 06:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (evildon @ 20 January 2004 - 06:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wizard_Mon1@20 January 2004 - 01:10
    As for shooting your self in the foot, i would prefer it if you didn&#39;t but i don&#39;t know gods will, if you do the it&nbsp; was mean&#39;t to happen for some reason. I&#39;m not saying that shooting yourself is good or that if there is a reason for you to do so that it is nice for you, i am just saying, how are we as humans supposed to understand what god intends.

I already know how prescious life is....
    evildon i mean&#39;t no offence i was just trying to explain that there is a lesson to be learnt or something to be gained for every situation.

hobbes what aspect of reincarnation are you interested in, i can explain the buddhist persective if you like.
    none taken...I just dont see how 911 could be some lesson..if its to tech me that Ishould escape the pain and suffeing of this world as in the post i responded to..the Christians should be killing themselves left and right..no thats a sin..so..a tru christian should become a serial killer and go around killind christians..and bear the sins of all that death knowing that he sent their souls on to heaven..thats logical..

The Killer would stalk the people make sure they were christian...then subdue them..using some type of nerve drug..ask them if they have accepted Jesus as their tru lord and savior..have them ask for forgivness of all their sins.....then kill them humanely with an insulin overdose....They go to god...then in the end after all the christians are dead..The killer could beg for forgivness on his deathbed..it would be sincere not contrite if he ACTUALLY beleved that they were going to heaven...so hed go to heaven to...if god is real and thats how u get to heaven then it would work...no more pain...of course one couldnt do it..it take some cult..

so I dont think suffering teaches any kind of useful lesson...except there is random death and pain...no higher purpose to suffering...that i can see.. [/b][/quote]
    i did definetly not mean that escapeing suffering was by way of killing yourself or others i mean it in the buddhist sense of escaping from samsara (the wheel of rebirth) which is full of suffereing.

All pervasive suffering,
    Likewise suffering of change, and
    The suffering of suffering-
    These are the three faults of samsara.
    The Jewel ornament of liberation. Gampopa

I am not christian so most of the good christians part makes no sense, i also said at the begining of this threat i don&#39;t like to use the word god but it serves a purpose (as most people have a general understanding of the term or concept).

It was seeing the suffering in his town that incouraged Buddha to maintain a state of emptyness for 51 days in meditation. In buddhism impermanence, suffering and karma are taught to encourage to practitioner to leave samsara.
    Wiz.

3. Lounge   -   #83
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1+20 January 2004 - 16:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wizard_Mon1 @ 20 January 2004 - 16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by evildon@20 January 2004 - 06:14
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@20 January 2004 - 00:56
    Originally posted by Spindulik@19 January 2004 - 22:40
    <!--QuoteBegin-evildon
    @19 January 2004 - 18:31
    ...should we all shoot ourself in the foot so we can appreciate what it feels like to get shot? Is that Gods logic?

ED

Apparently so, otherwise there is no God.

where exactly did i say that?

When you said that 911 was a lesseon to teach us how prescious life is....I dont need to see 4000 people die on TV to kow how precious life is..I dont need my foot blown off(random over the top example) to know how presious my foot is...same logic progression..

ED
    I did not at anypoint say it was, i mearly suggested it as possible a possible motive.
    Plus i did not mean it in the sense you have taken it, i simply mean&#39;t that with horrfic occurances like 911 maybe it is time the world stopped the production of nukes signed a universal peace treaty and stopped trying to hurt each other. So to teach us how precious life is so that we all understand that drastic changes need to be made in the world in order to prevent segregation and hate. [/b][/quote]
    Oh i agree that we can take a lesson from it..I just don&#39;t think God caused it to teach us a lesson...as a matter of fact I dont think God causes any type of pain and suffering nor Satan either,,,sorry I misunderstood..

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789