Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bomb Joke

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by Biggles@20 January 2004 - 21:12
    Really?

I have no recollection of these cases.

I travel regularly and have always found the security staff vigilant but human.
    yes really, the action taken is a discretional thing admittedly but jokes of this nature are considered as something that has to be taken seriously.
    I worked in aviation for BA for many years so it's something i can assure you is fact.

I do appreciate the whole insanity that appears to be the young girls possible future...i mean in England murderers can get a lesser sentence.
    However.......................
    If a man walks into a shop with his hands in his pocket and he points his finger to make it look like a gun do you think the shop assistant should question him? and do you think that man should not be prosecuted because he was just joking about having a gun?

personally i hope she gets off with a warning and hopes she learns her lesson well but i can't condem the action taken

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    As I said, I have no recollection of any such court cases. I will investigate to see if I can track down the last one. In the meantime I will be more circumspect with the staff at Glasgow Airport.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    She had been in the US for three months with her American boyfriend and was returning to the UK to renew her visa.

Not much chance of that happening now....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    muchspl2

bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb ba bomb

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@20 January 2004 - 17:34

bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb ba bomb

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    While i've personally never heard of jail time for people who speak unwisely in airports in the UK, I do remember seeing that quite a few people have been stopped from boarding a plane simply for mentioning certain words within earshot of staff, eg terrorist, bomb etc. Whatever happened to freedom of speech

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17

I vote this bitch, for the dumb f*ck of the month awards!

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@20 January 2004 - 23:34

I vote this bitch, for the dumb f*ck of the month awards!
    If it wasn't for the nationality issue, she could have had a good chance for the Democrat nomination. In fact, Florida would probably have made special provisions.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    From the BBC site:
    "If it was a joke, it wasn't a very good joke...it's a violation of our state law."
    Important Note: When visiting the United States of America DO NOT attempt to joke with airport security, coast guards, immigration officials, FBI agents, local police, state police, federal police, the CIA, NSA or any other type of official. They have no sense of humour.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by Alex H@21 January 2004 - 03:36
    From the BBC site:
    "If it was a joke, it wasn't a very good joke...it's a violation of our state law."
    Important Note: When visiting the United States of America DO NOT attempt to joke with airport security, coast guards, immigration officials, FBI agents, local police, state police, federal police, the CIA, NSA or any other type of official. They have no sense of humour.
    and they carry guns
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast