Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dvd-rom Drive Blown My Cd ! Why ?

Poster
    Originally posted by Java Boy@21 January 2004 - 00:36
    I saw an article somewhere where this had happened and what it turned out to be was the Disc had a tiny minute crack in it near the middle(so small, the naked eye couldnt see) and had disintergrated.
    Thanx Java Boy.But the CD was almost new. Only a few days old.I have other CDs of the same brand and never had probs. with 'em.

I'm still sch0cked !!!

We need RPM limiters

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    *Grunt*
    A crack may not have been the cause, it could be that when the drive was performing the drive check (when its first inserted) that a fault caused the motor to switch to maxinum. The trouble is there isnt realy anything that explain this, appart from interal damage, anomaly caused from corrupt data.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    My toshibe is 16x\48x just like ur drive, plus its really quiet, and looks cool too. Got it for only $30 Canadian
    Where?!?!
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Great. I finally started to trust my computer

Wouldn't a CD - desintegrating drive set off all kinds of alarms at Quality Control ?
    Seems awfully dangerous to me. Perhaps you could sue the manufacturer for attempted assault

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Perhaps you could sue the manufacturer for attempted assault
    Sure man ... I'll write an e-mail so Samsung: "Hey Sasmung, your DVD drive tried to kill me with a CD ... murderer.I want $1.000.000 + a new DVD drive"

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by Dark Ride@21 January 2004 - 22:05
    Perhaps you could sue the manufacturer for attempted assault
    Sure man ... I'll write an e-mail so Samsung: "Hey Sasmung, your DVD drive tried to kill me with a CD ... murderer.I want $1.000.000 + a new DVD drive"
    send them the letter. I'm sure you wont get $1.000.000, but you will proberly get soemthing back. How about sending it in the post with the broken CD or DVD drive.

or am i just getting carried away

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    no Marius24, your not gettin carried away
    most companies will give you something back, sometimes not a lot, but you usually get something
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    muchspl2
    am I the only one to call bullshit ®

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@21 January 2004 - 16:07
    My toshibe is 16x\48x just like ur drive, plus its really quiet, and looks cool too. Got it for only $30 Canadian
    Where?!?!
    factorydirect, when they used to be down my street picked it up on the way ome from school one day, great deal. It was there cheapest one and i thought it would be pretty crappy but its great. BTW, it was on sale, normally 40. and its not refurbished either.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    This happened to me a couple of years back on my old PC.

I was playing online, and my friend was behind me watching when all of a sudden there was a crunch and it was spat out of the drive and fired across my living room. It disintegrated into the opposite wall and left a huge mark where plaster had come off.

I swear to god, if that had hit my friend behind me, he would of incurred serious injuries. I believe the drive was a Philips, although it could have been the disk itself, although it was a legit copy (Game).

Samurai

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast