Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Guide To Folding@home

Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+29 January 2004 - 23:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ @ 29 January 2004 - 23:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jaigandhi5@29 January 2004 - 16:45
    hey john im catching up to u&#33; &nbsp; &nbsp;
    Of course you are, im not folding 24/7, just when my computer is on, which is afternoons during the week, and about 18 hours a day during the weekends.

Also, im going a big WU right now, should be finished by the end of the day. [/b][/quote]
    i get like 3-4 WUs done in 24hrz but some times i give my cpu a little rest for an hour and start again&#33;
    (i have it on 24hrz)

i actually have one question when you right click on the icon in the taskbar and then go to STATUS>QUEUE INFO what is tht whats the que all about? i dont get tht part..

My Blog
    I'm still here.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    No idea, your using the graphical version. I use the command line only version, and I have it set in the background to run as a service. Thus if I need to stop it, all I have to do is use the Net commands in the command prompt, and I just have a link to the FAH log, and the info log to check my progress.

Quite handy.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5@29 January 2004 - 21:29
    i get like 3-4 WUs done in 24hrz but some times i give my cpu a little rest for an hour and start again&#33;
    (i have it on 24hrz)
    that&#39;s actaully bad for your CPU, if you let it cool down regularly after being at a constant heat then it damages the chip more than keeping it going at full tilt.

The reason is because the CPU expands and contracts as it heats up and cools respectively - if this happens too much the CPU is in danger of cracking. There is no reason not to run your CPU at full usage 100% of the time, it might actually extend its life.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    TRshady
    Ive joined and now working under the name TRshady

Proud to be able to help ... though I really dont see how this works ...

Have a 1.5ghz comp running ..... 24/7

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Originally posted by Lamsey+29 January 2004 - 23:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 29 January 2004 - 23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jaigandhi5@29 January 2004 - 21:29
    (i have it on 24hrz)
    that&#39;s actaully bad for your CPU, if you let it cool down regularly after being at a constant heat then it damages the chip more than keeping it going at full tilt.

The reason is because the CPU expands and contracts as it heats up and cools respectively - if this happens too much the CPU is in danger of cracking. There is no reason not to run your CPU at full usage 100% of the time, it might actually extend its life. [/b][/quote]
    i only did tht like once every 3 dayz...

but now i wont do it anymore thanx for the info
    i never knew you could extend the cpus life cool

so does everyone have Gromacs installed??

My Blog
    I'm still here.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    TRshady
    Just taking a pic of the teams stats .... thought it would be nice to look back in a months time and see our progress. Here is is:

Hope more take part in this

7. Lounge   -   #67
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    I&#39;d be glad to help out for a good cause.

Downloaded it now, and I&#39;ll keep it running as much as possible

8. Lounge   -   #68
    TRshady
    Nice one kAb ...... I installed just over an hour ago ... lets see whos has a higher posistion after a week ....... ready ... set ... goooooo&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #69
    btw i noe y bigdawgfox has so many WUs he went to his school...and borged LOTS of computer....

tht lucky guy has like P4s 1.7ghz at his school mine has P2 233mhz...

damn borger....

its very easy to borg its like a .bat file and u just run the bat file and the cmd windows pops up does everything and the FAH starts up....the person wont even know tht u hav it running (runs with services)

theres a .cfg file as well which u config and put ur username and team number B)

one clickers:
    Win XP, and WIN 2k
    Windows 9x

get permission b4 u start putting this on floppys and going and putting em all over ur school or workplace u could get suspended/fireD&#33;

hav fun borging

remember to edit the .cfg file
    and put my name in it j/k

My Blog
    I'm still here.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    once again to all u folders INSTALL UR GROMACS&#33; it gives u a big BOOST&#33;

My Blog
    I'm still here.

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast