Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Few Questions On Linux

Poster
    You can try with the program winex

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by shn+25 January 2004 - 00:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 25 January 2004 - 00:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-uNz&#091;i
    ,24 January 2004 - 07:42] Linux n00b log - Day 2:

Morphix is kewl, but so far I&#39;ve found a couple of niggling problems...

- I haven&#39;t been able to get anything out of my onboard soundcard, so playing any kind of media is strictly visual atm.
    - Setting up the internet connection isn&#39;t as simple as it is in Windows either.
    No matter how I try to configure the settings, it just won&#39;t dial up.

I know all this is probably just down to me being a n00b, so I&#39;ll keep trying.
    Nothing worth doing is ever easy.

msg ends

&nbsp;
    Configure a ppp connection. Im sure morphix has docs on their site pertaining to that.

Also, for sound you might see if their using the alsa sound server in morphix. A lot of distros due. If so just run alsa config. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks shn... I&#39;ll try that alsa sound server stuff... sounds promising.

I&#39;ve already tried configging a PPP connection... I just don&#39;t know some of the info required by all the fields the setup dialogue presents.... yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12