Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Say Something Positive About A Member.

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by hobbes+28 January 2004 - 05:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 28 January 2004 - 05:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@28 January 2004 - 05:21
    This reminds me of a UKMan or Jonno thread.....so good and heartwarming.
    Busyman, for being gay, but still cool. [/b][/quote]
    Oh you stop it...just stop it ...silly willy you

OK OK something positive about a member?

Ok..

Mine is HUGE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #42
    So, letz carry on woth thiz chicken soup for the soul. Fabulous&#33;
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #43
    FatBastard
    Hobbes, for the strangest avatars ...

4. Lounge   -   #44
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I&#39;ll forego touting my buddies-they all know who they are.

I&#39;d just like to recognize and emphasize the positive, inquisitive curiousity everyone is capable of; some of my happiest moments have come when someone who gets a rep turns around and surprises with an unexpected sentiment, or gives a compliment, or notes a good point made, or just contributes in a way that indicates genuine exchange.

For me, there are several members who I have a strange kind of synergy with; we don&#39;t agree on anything, and to name them would lack grace, not because they need to be turned out, but because we find ourselves communicating indirectly, by virtue of an aside, a word, a phrase or remark, and knowing full well that the message is passed and received only because we read each other&#39;s stuff.

I can think of one right now, who has posted in this thread.

There are many more-the ones you circle warily, but, as I said, never communicate directly with, possibly out of fear of a blow-up.

As my very good friend Hobbes has noted, time on this board has the effect of moderating (appropriate word, that) our first impulses in order to accomodate others, even in such instances that invite disagreement.

I look forward to exchanges, even though I get a bit preachy at times.

Believe me, I&#39;m working on that-if I can&#39;t make a point in such a way as to disarm the negative response, I&#39;m not succeeding in the least.

I don&#39;t look to score points, but I do look to make them, and I am aware that I raise hackles constantly, but if you are trying to convince somebody of something, that is a fait accompli.

This board is a place for exchanges of all types, and the fact of it&#39;s international flavor would be shocking, I think, to someone who was somehow unaware of the fact.

We who post here are well aware of our differences, but we become more adept every day at communicating; I think an observer would be amazed at how easily and well we do what we do, given our variety.

It is a pleasure to be a member of this board, and I salute you all.

Wait&#33;

I will take the opportunity to single out Busyman, whose demographic, at least superficially, doesn&#39;t fit this board:

He&#39;s a proud, young, hip, happenin&#39;, urban, smart, black, (Busy) man who has figured out how this board works in record time.

He is engaged in an outward, rather than an inward, fashion.

I wouldn&#39;t have spotted him for one who would last when he arrived here (kind of a rocky start, I think ), but he has extended himself, and become an asset in fairly short order.

I have a special empathy with him, because he suffers from the same affliction I do:

We both insist on being right, and we don&#39;t mind if others don&#39;t like it.

It has been my pleasure to watch it happen.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Poster
    To Martha, the ancient Canadian crone - for being as mad as a feckin snake, or indeed a bag of frogs.

More importantly for sending a lot of us in the direction of soulseek. In the process getting me over 1,000 full albums. But more importantly letting me get albums which my two eldest want allowing me a small amount of cool in my decrepit years.

Slainte mate and look after those cats.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    I dont have the link for soulseek. Could someone type it up for me. I have tried to get a few things on here recently with no success.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Anthony_E@28 January 2004 - 04:49
    I dont have the link for soulseek. Could someone type it up for me. I have tried to get a few things on here recently with no success.
    All You Need to Know About SoulSeek

FC B)

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+28 January 2004 - 10:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 28 January 2004 - 10:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Anthony_E@28 January 2004 - 04:49
    All You Need to Know About SoulSeek

FC B) [/b][/quote]
    On behalf of Bigboab, who is actually me, thanks FC.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Bigboab, for being very kind and supportive, and running the best bar on the KLB

Nice thread hobbes

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by hobbes@26 January 2004 - 00:17
    Lilmiss,

For attempting to make the best of a difficult situation. Best of luck my friend.
    Thanks Hobbes,
    My pregnancy kit said something positive about me a few months again.

Well done on another intresting and caring topic,
    The board would be a duller place without you.

Also, OMC, thanks for everything.
    Haven&#39;t seen you in a while, and wanted to say how caring and helpful you have been. Ta.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast