Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hardware Year 2004

SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    Yep well said clocker...

The ddr2 is one thing that happened to be developed that has gotten them some relief, but They will certainly need more... What i have no clue... Something else must happen to bring all these advances together... hrmmm... ideas... hmm... Sory folks of to the shed...

LOL

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I hope the price tag of the fx-51 will drop from the disturbing $1085cnd
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Keikan@27 January 2004 - 00:54
    I hope the price tag of the fx-51 will drop from the disturbing $1085cnd
    Heck, The Regular 533Mhs 3.06 Ghz P4's used to be that 800 Dollars.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by clocker@27 January 2004 - 00:44
    Plus, there is a whole new form factor being finalized, ATX is going to be history soon, so they have a lot of redesigning to do and have to commit to it years before they know whether or not anyone will actually buy the stuff.
    Ah yes Clocker, thanks for remining me. ATX is going to be overtaken by BTX. I'll try to get some stuff now...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Well the good thing is that you still can keep you power supplies. I read is last months CPU that although we have to dump the ATX motherboards altogether, we still can use our old power supplies.

BTW, nice post Mad Cat. Consider it community service what you are doing. A lot of people are just hearing about PCI Express as you post the info.

PCI-Express will double the graphics data bandwidth that you see today.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by adamp2p@27 January 2004 - 09:11
    Well the good thing is that you still can keep you power supplies. I read is last months CPU that although we have to dump the ATX motherboards altogether, we still can use our old power supplies.

BTW, nice post Mad Cat. Consider it community service what you are doing. A lot of people are just hearing about PCI Express as you post the info.

I've heard that it can provide up to 8GB/s bandwith, but somewhere else I heard 4. Still, its an extreme improvement.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Originally posted by Mad Cat+27 January 2004 - 09:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat &#064; 27 January 2004 - 09:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@27 January 2004 - 09:11

I&#39;ve heard that it can provide up to 8GB/s bandwith, but somewhere else I heard 4. Still, its an extreme improvement. [/b][/quote]
    With over 200 Megabytes per second in each direction for an X1 lane, PCI-Express claims to be a very cost effective solution for bandwidth per pin.
    Intel&#39;s Grantsdale chipset provides an X16 link for graphics, some 4 Gigabytes per second in each direction (8GB/s concurrent bandwidth) dedicated to graphics, over double the bandwidth offered by AGP 8X. Hopefully, this additional capacity would be able to accomodate graphics demands for the next couple of years.

http://www.anandtech.com/systems/sho...tml?i=1830&p=8

The most interesting feature of PCI Express is even the X1, which delivers 200 Megabytes per second in each direction--and that is just one lane&#33;

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Lick My Lovepump
    Prescotts and P4 3.4Ghz impending&#33;

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123