Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we need our own Movie Database

Yes I am all for it and while we are at it why not incorporate some
    features as in Sharereactor.com (they sometimes mention availability of file)
    & Fasttrackmovies.com(special codecs) and improve on them!
    I don't know how flexible boardsoftware is but maybe it could be made so
    that you submit a verified as one would start a topic but in a different interface
    for examle fields for __Title / # / imdb-link /codec / availability etc.
    I agree there has to be a modteam for it and that the only editing to be done
    by others is to add a comment.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Poster
    What a brilliant idea Jetje....i fully support it.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Originally posted by ToraBoraDweller@2 March 2003 - 10:57
    Yes I am all for it and while we are at it why not incorporate some
    features as in Sharereactor.com (they sometimes mention availability of file)
    & Fasttrackmovies.com(special codecs) and improve on them!
    I don't know how flexible boardsoftware is but maybe it could be made so
    that you submit a verified as one would start a topic but in a different interface
    for examle fields for __Title / # / imdb-link /codec / availability etc.
    I agree there has to be a modteam for it and that the only editing to be done
    by others is to add a comment.
    ahhh yes, I like your idea. Too bad Jetje isn't on to post his comments.

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Poster
    This is great idea. I liked the way SD posted with the pic, sig and the link to IMDB. A one stop shop sort of idea. It makes sense and would be much welcomed.

I also agree that it should be a team to mod it. Can I suggest experienced level headed chaps who have proven themselves. Particularly those who have been prolific movie posters. I have to say Shini and SD spring to mind instantly. Both good eggs who know the form

If you are thinking Music then FC must be front of the queue. Thought the level headed may be a problem, but hey why not have a rocker in charge of music, instead of it always being mods.

Software would have to include Colt Seevers, if for no other reason than finding a couple of obscure things for me. Having said that CS could probably have a claim on a few areas, no shrinker on the movies himself as I recall.

Good Idea. Good Luck

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    this is a very big project but im sure our wonderful mod team could make it happen.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    jetje's Avatar former star
    @Shini, man i gotta eat sometime

You know problem can be that we must use the functionality from this board. Without givin' VB a hell of a job. So what i did was just using standard functionality of the board. Search options and so are a bit limmited.

Ideas are allright,
    -availability will be though, it changes real fast you know
    -mention codecs is a great idea

as you probably saw i linked the search file to one specific post, every post has a unique number. So if someone not in the team made a good post the movie team can link that specific post.

But i just gave an idea, why don't you try to give an example of the way you should do it.
    Using the standard options of the board. B)

btw think we 1st have to try it with the movies if that will work we could look at the other rooms.
    Indeed it will be a big project.

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    So by using the standard options, do you mean a pinned topic open to only the Mods but can be viewed by everyone? Such as a list of movies with Title, imdb info, codec, and a link to the verifed post.

P.S. well its lunch time now so I better eat too

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    How about just setting the rules how we post the verified movies.
    Some of us have been doing this already.

1. The topic title should include:
    - The Movie Title
    - The Year
    2. The topic subtitle should include the following information:
    - quality (DVDrip, DVDscreener, Telesync, ...)
    - video codec (DivX, XviD, ...)
    - number of discs
    3. The post should include:
    - DVD cover (or Movie Showtimes) from Amazon.com (picture)
    - IMDb link
    - Hybrid Sig2Dat
    - any extra info (bitrate, audio codec, resolution, ...)

And those who get the movie from eMule/eDonkey could include the ed2k quicklinks at the bottom.

If you look at the verified posts from Darth Sushi and me, you will see that we are doing (most of the times) just that.
    (I apologize if I have forgotten someone)
    I have learned to do that from Darth Sushi in the first place. He is my master.

@jetje: will such post help in creating the database? Or do we need to specifiy the format of the post even more.

I would like to help too. I have only been on the board for 3 months now, but have posted some new releases. This is what I'm usually after, fresh DVD quality releases from eMule and then I bring them here. If you need my help, give me a buzz.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    jetje's Avatar former star
    @Tilen76 1st i kinda hoped already you would contribute to this B)
    Yes that would help, the mod team just have to check if the topic is conform the set standard, and add it.

@Shini Something like that, but i must ask VB 1st on how a mod team can acces the topic.

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Poster
    Darth Sushi. Of course.

I don't know if he was the biggest poster in quantity, but the way he did it was pure style. Excellent point.

And good mod material as well. It's every coaches dream, a team that picks itself. Can someone contact DS and SD to find out if they would be interested. I haven't seen either about for a while.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast