Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good News...

FatBastard
    Originally posted by lynx@30 January 2004 - 01:39
    Is is a Scottish university, or a real one where you have to pay ....
    .... and learn?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Congratulations Cheese

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    well done cheese. i hope you develop a drinking problem to the extent of mine.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Spider_dude@29 January 2004 - 17:47
    well done cheese. i hope you develop a drinking problem to the extent of mine.
    I'm hoping all these years of practice will help me keep up with the students on the drinking side of things

5. Lounge   -   #15
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by lynx@29 January 2004 - 16:39
    Well done, Mr Cheese.

Is is a Scottish university, or a real one where you have to pay?
    Did you go to one of these establishments Lynx?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by bigboab+29 January 2004 - 17:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 29 January 2004 - 17:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@29 January 2004 - 16:39
    Well done, Mr Cheese.

Did you go to one of these establishments Lynx? [/b][/quote]
    I was, of course, refering to the actions of many Scottish Labour MPs. They have argued that universities need to be able to charge extra fees or they won&#39;t survive as proper establishments of education. But they have said that Scottish universties can&#39;t charge these fees. The obvious conclusion is that the Scottish universities will fail as educational establishments.

Strange that were it the other way round, according to Standing Order 94 non-Scottish MPs would be barred from voting on policies affecting only Scottish universities. It is unfortunate that the Scottish MPs who voted on Tuesday have not got the integrity to reciprocate.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by lynx+29 January 2004 - 19:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 29 January 2004 - 19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by bigboab@29 January 2004 - 17:50
    <!--QuoteBegin-lynx
    @29 January 2004 - 16:39
    Well done, Mr Cheese.

Did you go to one of these establishments Lynx?
    I was, of course, refering to the actions of many Scottish Labour MPs. They have argued that universities need to be able to charge extra fees or they won&#39;t survive as proper establishments of education. But they have said that Scottish universties can&#39;t charge these fees. The obvious conclusion is that the Scottish universities will fail as educational establishments.

Strange that were it the other way round, according to Standing Order 94 non-Scottish MPs would be barred from voting on policies affecting only Scottish universities. It is unfortunate that the Scottish MPs who voted on Tuesday have not got the integrity to reciprocate. [/b][/quote]
    If things like his eventually lead to Scottish independence then I for one wont shed any tears. I understand where you are coming from. We felt the same when parliament voted that the Scottish youngsters should pay poll tax a year ahead of the rest of the country. That is how we felt then.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    lynx's Avatar .
    I was working in Scotland when that happened. The reason it came in a year earlier was because otherwise, under Scottish law, a valuation of all properties would have been necessary for the rating system to continue. This would have cost about half a billion pounds, which could not really have been justified for 1 year&#39;s use.

I must admit though, I can&#39;t really understand why the rest of the country could not have changed over at the same time. Oh, yes I can, it was because the computer systems were not ready. Silly me, that&#39;s why I was working in Scotland.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    There is always a reason. What is done is done. We will probably follow suit with the fees. I hope not.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    internet.news
    Hope your studies will be interesting during the course.

Enjoy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast