Thread: Laptop Keyboard Issue.

Help :helpsmile: Suddenly my shift and the numbers, sorry I can't type m
    only 5 and 6 funtion the rest of my number stop working along with the shift.

I try every single key and the all work fine including 5 and 6, the rest of the numbers only and shift dont work any ideas

I've know there is a way of lifting up the keyboard on a laptop I just dont know How.......

Thank you in advanced
    as always...

xp pro
    HP pavillion xh555

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Either
    1.Lift every single key which has problems and clean(no water) underneath it
    2.on my very outofdate toshiba- there is a cliky thing somewhere- which realeases the entire keyboard(this doesnt help for individual keys)
    3.Worst case Scenario - Somebody spilt water\coffee\beer etc on it -open the keys and dry up fast, if its beer\sugar liquid use wet cloth then let it dry for a long while.

With an external keyboard its not a problem to wash it - but laptops its fkd.....so if its only a few keys and you have warranty bring it back

In the meantime-(unless you dont find solution)
    -There is an OnScreen Keyboard you can use in the meantime - go to Start-Programs-Accesories-Accesabitlity-Keyboard
    -You can connect an external keyboard

I just brought back mine for the reason of Coffee-pain in the ass

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wao, Thanks BRO
    that onscreen keyboard will really help for now I could'nt even write emails no shift numbers ect 2@ testing it works AWSOME for now...
    Thanks Bud...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Enjoy Cliking
    (there are nicer (smaller) virtual keyboards available (google) than the windows version)