Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking Of Building My Own

_John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Looks like you can probably build a kick ass system, and 3500 Ram atleast, and a overclocking motherboard, and a high end cooling solution, perhaps even watercooling for that 800 then.

I will look around a bit later when my hands are so sticky, from these cracker jacks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Thanks that sounds ok!

What I was thinking of though is buying my comp bit by bit
    i.e. buying it over say 3-4 months!
    Do you think I should buy my graphics card and Processor last?
    The price of those seems to change quite often with new editions always coming out, whereas the price of Ram for example don't seem to change as often!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@31 January 2004 - 00:16
    Looks like you can probably build a kick ass system, and 3500 Ram atleast, and a overclocking motherboard, and a high end cooling solution, perhaps even watercooling for that 800 then.

I will look around a bit later when my hands are so sticky, from these cracker jacks.
    Ok thanks John!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    I built my first computer last week, I found it quite easy, even with my girlfriend moaning at me half of the time and seriously affecting my concentration

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by callum@31 January 2004 - 01:29
    I built my first computer last week, I found it quite easy, even with my girlfriend moaning at me half of the time and seriously affecting my concentration
    women tend to do that alot.

anyway, ud be better fo buying it all at once, as all the bits are useless on there own/

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH+30 January 2004 - 20:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH &#064; 30 January 2004 - 20:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-_John_Lennon_@31 January 2004 - 00:16

Ok thanks John&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Almost done Billy, and im having to now cut down on some things, seeing as how you already have an AMD 64 bit 3000+, Radeon 9800 Pro, etc.

Btw, what is VAT, and why is it so damn much?

Also, will you be carrying anything over from your current system, like keyboard, mouse, monitor, hard drives, speakers or anything?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    value added tax, goes in goverments pocket.

where does it say he has a 64bit 3000+ and 9800pro?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by Livy@30 January 2004 - 20:46
    value added tax, goes in goverments pocket.

where does it say he has a 64bit 3000+ and 9800pro?
    And I said im picking them out for him.

One sec, I upload screen cap of the cart, too much linking at the moment seeing as how its just a rough idea of a new system for him.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    ah rtight, misread, i thought u meant he already had them in current system.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20

Any suggestions from anyone?

The case/PSU/keyboard/mouse/speakers was a bit of an all in one to round out the package, and so people dont complain about no this, or that.

Anything special you want for it? Like cold cathodes, etc etc.

Also its stock cooling for now, didnt go into that yet, but I have heard great things about their stock cooler for the 64bit chips anyway. Most people just stay with standard cooling, but I have that option to look into something different, for overclocking as u will notice with the 3700 memory.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast