Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mammoth 0.1.3

Originally posted by Lite+31 January 2004 - 11:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite &#064; 31 January 2004 - 11:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-tothbenedek@31 January 2004 - 10:28
    it has a complete source code...
    does it? thats news to me

They currently only provide a CVS, which isnt as good as a source code [/b][/quote]
    KCeasy has source code http://kceasy.sourceforge.net/
    Do you like to "adopt" it ? It&#39;s multi search tabs could be easier to modify to auto-search-more ...

And......... it is for Windows only ...

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by rafi_d@31 January 2004 - 14:36
    It&#39;s multi search tabs could be easier to modify to auto-search-more ...
    i hope they dont add unlimited autosearch more, they should ban any client that has it, there is never a reason to need more then 50 search results (200 max) to download a file.
    Any more then that and youre just wasting the supernodes time and bandwidth.
    If you can&#39;t find what youre searching for with 200 results you arent searching right.

the only thing unlimited autosearch more is good for is to try to find every file on the network, and then you let it run for hours, even though you can never download every file on the network.

i hope they add more from same "artist" or "album" though

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by Vargas+31 January 2004 - 17:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vargas &#064; 31 January 2004 - 17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rafi_d@31 January 2004 - 14:36
    It&#39;s multi search tabs could be easier to modify to auto-search-more ...
    i hope they dont add unlimited autosearch more, they should ban any client that has it, there is never a reason to need more then 50 search results (200 max) to download a file.
    Any more then that and youre just wasting the supernodes time and bandwidth.
    If you can&#39;t find what youre searching for with 200 results you arent searching right.

the only thing unlimited autosearch more is good for is to try to find every file on the network, and then you let it run for hours, even though you can never download every file on the network. [/b][/quote]
    @Vargas -
    I&#39;m not sure how to explain this, but here is my problem:
    When trying to search for popular files - you are correct. But here is the thing - when trying to search for a rare (or new) file it is very hard to do it in up to five re-tries.
    And - since the search string is very limited to "and" logic w/o "wild characters" - it is even harder.

Try to search, for example, for chapter 11 of the TV series "24" season 3. I was using -
    search "video", >300MB , "24 3x11", or "24 311".
    You&#39;ll see that you need a few hours to get just a few results...

I think that it is up to the supernodes to "protect" themselves against overload by searches. If they are designed correctly, the network will not be overloaded.

So, maybe you can show me how to do it better

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by rafi_d@31 January 2004 - 17:11
    So, maybe you can show me how to do it better
    rightclick someone with season 3 episode 10 and find more from same user.
    or just get them off suprnova

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by Vargas+31 January 2004 - 18:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vargas @ 31 January 2004 - 18:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rafi_d@31 January 2004 - 17:11
    So, maybe you can show me how to do it better&nbsp;
    rightclick someone with season 3 episode 10 and find more from same user.
    or just get them off suprnova [/b][/quote]
    I tried, but it realy does not work that way. Also - you need to start with at least 30-40 users/sources to get a reasonable selection and speed.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by rafi_d+31 January 2004 - 04:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rafi_d @ 31 January 2004 - 04:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kesta@31 January 2004 - 09:16
    Well everyone now give me a good reason why we shouldnt help Mammoth out look at the screen shot of the users.

Mammoth will take over kazaa lite TRUST ME
    Looks like the main dev effort is for UNIX [/b][/quote]
    Whats wrong with that?

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by LSA+1 February 2004 - 21:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LSA @ 1 February 2004 - 21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by rafi_d@31 January 2004 - 04:28
    <!--QuoteBegin-Kesta
    @31 January 2004 - 09:16
    Well everyone now give me a good reason why we shouldnt help Mammoth out look at the screen shot of the users.

Mammoth will take over kazaa lite TRUST ME

Looks like the main dev effort is for UNIX
    Whats wrong with that?

[/b][/quote]
    Nothing realy, just that it is not for me...

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    I just installed mammoth and I must say wow by looks it&#39;s my favorite p2p so far mabey better then kazaa lite, we&#39;ll see.
    what about search more can I do that or will it be added?

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    remember its still beta and here is the new official forums FORUMS CLICK HERE and YES a search more feature will be implemented soon
    Elite P2P World - http://www.elitep2pworld.tk
    Mammoth Home Page - http://mammoth.sourceforge.net/
    Mammoth Official Forums - http://mammoth.sourceforge.net/forum/

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Looks very cool , if i go back to fasttrack i will use that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast