Thread: Who Here Is "punk"?

Old NOFX stuff is good, IMO the new cd is shit
    Belvedere
    Rancid
    Anti-flag
    Bigwig
    AFI
    some other stuff as well, to lazy to type it all
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Music   -   #12
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    There are to many posers today to see if someone is punk.

Everyone wants to be punk now after Good Charlotte and Avril came out. And we all know they ain't even close to punk music.

3. Music   -   #13
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    afi and rancid r kick ass bands 2.

and how is greenday not punk?
    blink had some good stuff..

3 days grace are the biggest posers ever!!!!!

same iwt good charlotte, there one gay guy away from backstreet boys

4. Music   -   #14
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by ScotchGuy+2 February 2004 - 08:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScotchGuy @ 2 February 2004 - 08:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Adster@1 February 2004 - 00:33
    <!--QuoteBegin-ScotchGuy
    @1 February 2004 - 15:26
    FALSE

Green Day is not punk, try again.

NO you try again Green Day IS punk

yes they are Rockabilly but they are classified as PUNK
    The fuck they are. Green Day is not punk, listen to some actual punk music, then listen to Green Day. I didn&#39;t think anyone would even attempt to classify them as punk. [/b][/quote]
    Listen to their first 2 albums

just because something makes the top 40 doesn&#39;t mean that we have to say their not punk

5. Music   -   #15
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    what the hell r u talking about

blink, afi, greenday, less than jake, rencid, have all made the top forty countdown

afi is in the top ten atm

6. Music   -   #16
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@2 February 2004 - 10:16
    what the hell r u talking about

blink, afi, greenday, less than jake, rencid, have all made the top forty countdown

afi is in the top ten atm
    thats what I mean as son as they have more hits everybody will say blah blah thee not punk anymore there pop aka green day offspring blink

7. Music   -   #17
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The only person on this board who listens to more punk than me would be gutter, yet i dont classify myself as punk...punk is about being an individual...and yes even though im an individual in many area&#39;s...im not an individual in all area&#39;s...punk isn&#39;t about the music...punk is about expression...and im sick of hearing people saying that good charlotte and simple plan and green day aren&#39;t punk...they are most probally more punk than the people who are calling them pop punk or shit like that...yes listen to iggy and the stooges, the clash, dead kennedy&#39;s, sex pistols, ramones and all the 60&#39;s/70&#39;s punk...and Canuk...u call 3 days grace and good charlotte poser&#39;s...look at AFI...mtv&#39;s new claim to being into punk music...if AFI were punk they wouldn&#39;t of attended the MTV music awards...and dont get mad at me...im just throwing your bullshit back at you...anyways enough of this forum flame war shit with arguments never going to be settled...i just needed something to pass the time...

Laters
    Cely :music1:

8. Music   -   #18
    old school
    it&#39;s all in the attitude

although most of the punk rockers these days seem to be a lot more friendly.
    I can&#39;t remember the last time I got spit on at a punk show, now and days its sorry, excuse me, and pardon me in a mosh pit

a "punk" used to be someone who sucked d%*k for cigarettes in prison

now ask whos a punk rocker
    I&#39;d suggest cely be in that class
    but we don&#39;t need to start a war on who&#39;s "punk"

9. Music   -   #19
    Celerystalksme = man, you seriously need to look over your writing before you post stuff like that. You were right on about everything, until you started talking about GC and simple plan...

"and im sick of hearing people saying that good charlotte and simple plan and green day aren&#39;t punk...they are most probally more punk than the people who are calling them pop punk or shit like that"

No way. Simple plan and good charlotte is bullshit, just pitiful excuses for music. Theyre just a bunch of poseurs, doing it for the &#036;&#036;. Look at GC, they bitch about rich and famous people, but take a random guess at what they are... theres even a good chance they don&#39;t write their own lyrics .

Now lets take a look at Simple Plan. You say theyre "more punk than people who call them pop/punk", yet they have a song about how "god must hate me". Thats proof right there that they have no balls,and write their songs for little girls. Bullshit I tell ya, bullshit.

Then you say "look at AFI...mtv&#39;s new claim to being into punk music"

Ya, AFI went down the shitter on their new cd, for it is god awful, yet I want you to download a little old cd that they put out a while ago, called "shut your mouth and open your eyes". Yes AFI sold out, yet they put out some pretty good music, before they lost their balls in a horrible recording accident, which made them put out Sing The Sorrow....

And 1 last thing, I want everyone who thinks they know two shits about what real punk music is, to download the Paint It Black cd "CVA". Now I pick this cd for 2 reasons...

1). It&#39;s got 17 songs on it, and its 18 minutes and 35 seconds long, so even if you are on dial-up, you have no excuse not to get it.

2). It&#39;s a refreshing blast of what punk music should be, not what Drive-Thru records is putting out.....

and just for a random fact, the people in simple plan used to be in a pennywise cover band (their name escapes me at the moment), so even before simple plan, the peoplee were putting out shitty music hahaha.

10. Music   -   #20
    To me, REAL punk is

SEX PISTOLS (like 4th Gen said)
    Ramones
    Circle Jerks
    Dead Kenedys
    BLACK FLAG
    THE CRAMPS (#1)

If you have to ask what someone thinks is Punk then you are not punk and you know nothing about music. Its a neverending thing. Its like someone saying they are a huge Pink Floyd fan but yet they dont know who Syd Barrett is. LOL That Is one of my favorites.

Punk Music goes back long before The Sex Pistols, the Clash or Ramones none of them started it, but they did one hell of a job.
    Thats why I hate labeling music. But you have to.

STAYSICK
    Ghoulardi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast