Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two Fire Walls?

Is this a good or bad result?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Is this using Outpost (Agnitum)? Post the common ports results. There's a list of about 25 ports.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Port
    Service
    Status Security Implications

<nil>
    Closed Your computer has responded that this port exists but is currently closed to connections.

FTP
    Closed Your computer has responded that this port exists but is currently closed to connections.

SSH

Telnet

SMTP

Finger

HTTP

POP3

IDENT

NNTP

RPC
    Stealth There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that a port (or even any computer) exists at this IP address&#33;

Net
    BIOS
    Stealth There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that a port (or even any computer) exists at this IP address&#33;

IMAP

LDAP

HTTPS

MSFT
    DS

ms-ils

DCOM

Host

Host

Host

Host

Host

Host

H.323

UPnP

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    This is with Outpost

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    GRC Port Authority Report created on UTC: 2004-02-02 at 12:19:59

Results from scan of ports: 0, 21-23, 25, 79, 80, 110, 113,
    119, 135, 139, 143, 389, 443, 445,
    1002, 1024-1030, 1720, 5000

0 Ports Open
    23 Ports Closed
    3 Ports Stealth
    ---------------------
    26 Ports Tested

NO PORTS were found to be OPEN.

Ports found to be STEALTH were: 135, 139, 445

Other than what is listed above, all ports are CLOSED.

TruStealth: FAILED - NOT all tested ports were STEALTH,
    - NO unsolicited packets were received,
    - NO Ping reply (ICMP Echo) was received.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    This is with using Sygate Personal Firewall Pro... Notice the difference?

Port
    Service
    Status Security Implications

<nil>

FTP

SSH

Telnet

SMTP

Finger

HTTP

POP3

IDENT

NNTP

RPC

Net
    BIOS

IMAP

LDAP

HTTPS

MSFT
    DS

ms-ils

DCOM

Host

Host

Host

Host

Host

Host

H.323

UPnP

Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Software firewalls are a hassle. Why go through that when you can shell out 50 or 60 bucks and get a REAL firewall.............................. a router. Just set it and forget it and you dont get thoose nagging alert messages everytime something tries to access something else on your pc.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by shn@2 February 2004 - 20:59
    Software firewalls are a hassle.&nbsp; Why go through that when you can shell out 50 or 60 bucks and get a REAL firewall.............................. a router.&nbsp; Just set it and forget it &nbsp; and you dont get thoose nagging alert messages everytime something tries to access something else on your pc.
    I&#39;ve heard oh so many bad things about routers.

Especially with people that can&#39;t set them up properly. Port fowarding etc etc...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Exactly.

I bought a Linksys router and set it up prefectly, allowing it to open ports for my p2p clients easily and efficiently. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Although I&#39;ve set the router to open ports 6499 (TCP)& 6500(UDP) for eMule it can never connect.

If I d/c and plug my cable direct, I have no problems whatsoever.

I hate routers, but I have to use one as I&#39;m on a LAN in my house. I just d/c when I&#39;m in the house on my own.

If anyone has any ideas about this, I&#39;d be most greatful

Samurai

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Thanks for your help Samurai and all others.
    Please excuse my obvious and appalling ignorance, but if all ports are in stealth, how does one use the network at all with Kazaa? Is there a trick to this?
    I can set Outpost to make all (except two) ports stealth, but then Kazaa doesn&#39;t work at all.
    I tried emule, but it didn&#39;t seem to want to multithread, and the que times were ridiculous. Maybe I set it up wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast