Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Question

will i notice much of a difference between an 8mb cache and a 2mb cache? cuz i can get a western digital 40gb 7200rpm with 2mb cache for $53, or i can get one with an 8mb cache for $63. im on a really tight budget, and if i wont notice a difference im getting the 2mb one. please help.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Yes. You'll notice.
    That is were the computer to store data before it can be used by the ram allowing faster and times that you will notice.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    go with the 8...
    where are you from?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    united states, and im not ordering from any other website other then newegg.com if thats what ur thinkin. im prolly gonna go with the 2mb cache, just so i have more money to spend on a 9600pro, instead of a fx5600.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    You'd be taking a big hit to preformance for ten dollars. But it's your call, everyone will tell you to go with 8mb.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    right now i have really good system performance with a 512kb cache hard drive running at 66mb/s. so im not to worried about it, i was thinking gaming performance, but since im prolly not gonna notice to much a difference im gonna get the 2mb cache one (unless somebody gives me a really good reason to get the 8mb cache one).

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I went to a 8mb. catch and I think its great... things run a lot faster. I will never go back...

The recover time from a online game is much faster...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    ill have to think about it... depends on if i can come up with the extra $10 for it. i just barely have enough to get the hard drive, the gfx card im gonna get (saphire 9600), and the memory im getting (another stick if kingston px2700 256mb), and 4 speeze case fans. so ill see what i can do, but im hoping for the 8mb cache if stuff is gonna exit faster, cuz my computer seems to have problems doing that (very long exit times...).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    its worth the 10 bux..go wash someones car for 10 bux to make up for it lolol
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    u know.. its supposed to snow tuesday for me (heavy snow meaning 10+ inches) so maybe ill make 40-50 shoveling for people, then i could go with a 60gig and a radeon 9600 pro!!! well i can dream. but ill come up with the $10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast