Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Way To Get Big Games Quickly

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    wat is this world coming to? noobs writing guides for noobs? wow!

pleaseshare, ur a noob. if ur just realizing that kazaa sucks for games, then u must live in a cave, or u have no brain. no offense

jk. lol

2. Games   -   #22
    I tried downloading bit torrent, but when it says its installed theres only one exe. file, but when you run it, it says download failed. What gives? I'm still quite a newb, so someone please help me out here!!!

3. Games   -   #23
    Yes I am a newbie, relatively, to the computer world. I don't have too much time for this sorta stuff, but it is fun getting free stuff and learning about computer stuff. Not everyone has as much time as everyone else. There are a variety of people in this world. One must learn to be open-minded. People aren't dumb just because they don't know all of the answers. Everyone has something that one is good at. When you are in a situation where you know that you don't know the answer to something, and other people just think that you are an idiot without really knowing what you are good at and what you are capable of, you will understand not to judge people, but to appreciate that there are a variety of people.

In terms of using BT, I use Shadow's versions. On his website, there are several files, but I think only the following 3 are essential.

1) BitTorrent-experimental-S-5.8.7-w32install.exe 2,897KB
    2) BitTorrent-experimental-S-5.8.7.zip 179KB
    3) webseed-0.9a.zip 11KB

File (1) is the main program. I installed this one first.

I am not sure what File (2) is as I don't have time to browse around, but I installed it into the same directory as file (1). And I don't have any problem when I try to download something.

File (3) is needed for sharing one of your file with others. And I haven't tried it yet. I just share what I download which doesn't require file (3). (I will eventually get around to it.)

So if you just install the first two files into the same directory, you will be able to download BT files.

To get a download going, go to suprnova.org and download one of their "link file" to the file you actually want to download. Double-click on your saved "linked file" and BT will automatically open the "link file." Select a diretory to save it to and the download will begin. Keep the downloading open if you want to share it. You can also reopen the "link file" after the downloading is done if you want to share it again with others.

Shadows's site also has other light sets, but they aren't necessary for downloading, and thus not needed to be installed.

For more informations and from people who really know their stuff, you can check out the comments under BitTorrentWorld under the general directory of this forum.

Enjoy.

4. Games   -   #24
    i think this should be pinnied in dumassworld

5. Games   -   #25
    Not everyone is as accustomed to computers are you. Do you think you were when you first started. Do you think your mom, dad, uncle, aunt, granny, or great-granny are as accustomed to computers as you are? Would you call them dumb? Do you really think they are dumb? Do you really think you are smarter than all people who are not accustomed to computers?

6. Games   -   #26
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    It's a good post PleaseShare very informative for real n00bs.
    But this forums has loads of sections dedicated to loads of different p2p apps which probably explains why people are having a go at you.

7. Games   -   #27
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by judgeofallandnothing@4 February 2004 - 01:01
    hmm I have cable but it just seems that KL will usually download at 200kb with over 50 sharers. BT will only go 200kb if it has less then 50 downloaders...
    BT goes faster w/ more people for me.

8. Games   -   #28
    Twist3r
    why are all of u bashing PleaseShare, this thread is very imformative and if i was new to bittorrent this would save me alot of searching for to find all this great info

9. Games   -   #29
    Originally posted by Java Boy@3 February 2004 - 09:03
    Wow thanks for that valuable info......... B)
    Thats a funny image...lovin it...LOL
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

10. Games   -   #30
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    just so u know, shadow's already came out with 5.8.8 a while ago

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123