Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ruud Van Nistelrooy

(>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+3 February 2004 - 22:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 3 February 2004 - 22:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@3 February 2004 - 22:30
    Similar to Rangers and Celtic in Scotland. No one else is allowed to support their home team.
    People are allowed to boab, the fact that they chose not to is an indictment of them and their home team. [/b][/quote]
    Are you saying then that if your home team is crap you should just go and support a &#39;better&#39; team?

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)+4 February 2004 - 01:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ((>Zero Cool<) &#064; 4 February 2004 - 01:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@3 February 2004 - 22:53
    <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab
    @3 February 2004 - 22:30
    Similar to Rangers and Celtic in Scotland. No one else is allowed to support their home team.

People are allowed to boab, the fact that they chose not to is an indictment of them and their home team.
    Are you saying then that if your home team is crap you should just go and support a &#39;better&#39; team?[/b][/quote]
    How could you possibly read that into what was said.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Because I hear that statement quite a lot, so I suppose I come to expect it. What were you trying to say then?

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)@4 February 2004 - 01:50
    Because I hear that statement quite a lot, so I suppose I come to expect it. What were you trying to say then?
    People are allowed to (support their home Team) boab, the fact that they chose not to is an indictment of them and their home team. Not on the big club which they follow.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    ok, that I get and agree with

Which is kinda good cause I couldn&#39;t be arsed getting into that arguement for the hundredth time

6. Lounge   -   #36
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+4 February 2004 - 00:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 4 February 2004 - 00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-(>Zero Cool<)@4 February 2004 - 01:50
    People are allowed to (support their home Team) boab, the fact that they chose not to is an indictment of them and their home team. Not on the big club which they follow. [/b][/quote]
    Sorry you have picked me up wrong there JP. I am talking about the attitude of Rangers and Celtic supporters towards people who do support thier home team.

I am thinking in particular of the very ugly incidents at the last game last season between Kilmarnock and Celtic. It was an absolute disgrace where celtic supporters were attacking and spitting on anyone who had a kilmarnock scarf on. irrespective of sex or age. The police stood by and did nothing about it. Kilmarnock season ticket holders went to sit in THEIR seat only to find it occupied by a Celtic supporter. when they complained they were told to find another seat.
    The stewards were told not to cause any bother.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    Fair point boab, almost certainly why FIFA decided to describe the Celtic fans as the fairest in the world and made them an award to that effect.

Sorry, not wearing the anecdotal evidence this time. I will go with the findings of the governing body of football worldwide if that&#39;s OK.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Originally posted by bigboab+4 February 2004 - 01:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 4 February 2004 - 01:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@4 February 2004 - 00:54
    <!--QuoteBegin-(>Zero Cool<)
    @4 February 2004 - 01:50

People are allowed to (support their home Team) boab, the fact that they chose not to is an indictment of them and their home team. Not on the big club which they follow.
    Sorry you have picked me up wrong there JP. I am talking about the attitude of Rangers and Celtic supporters towards people who do support thier home team.

I am thinking in particular of the very ugly incidents at the last game last season between Kilmarnock and Celtic. It was an absolute disgrace where celtic supporters were attacking and spitting on anyone who had a kilmarnock scarf on. irrespective of sex or age. The police stood by and did nothing about it. Kilmarnock season ticket holders went to sit in THEIR seat only to find it occupied by a Celtic supporter. when they complained they were told to find another seat.
    The stewards were told not to cause any bother. [/b][/quote]
    A lot of us have suffered like that BB, it is bad enough when it happens but when the club you support turns a blind eye to what is happening it is shocking. I understand the idea of making cash and the old firm could sell tickets for away games a number of times over but it should not be at the expense of a home fan being re-located to acommodate them as often happens.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@4 February 2004 - 01:14
    Fair point boab, almost certainly why FIFA decided to describe the Celtic fans as the fairest in the world and made them an award to that effect.

Sorry, not wearing the anecdotal evidence this time. I will go with the findings of the governing body of football worldwide if that&#39;s OK.
    You do that when it suits you JP. Who supplies the governing body with the information. I suggest they go to all the provincial supporters clubs in Scotland and ask them what they think of the Rangers and Celtic supporters. Some of them are no beter than animals. I am speaking from experince here, not paper talk.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab+4 February 2004 - 02:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab &#064; 4 February 2004 - 02:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@4 February 2004 - 01:14

You do that when it suits you JP. Who supplies the governing body with the information. I suggest they go to all the provincial supporters clubs in Scotland and ask them what they think of the Rangers and Celtic supporters. Some of them are no beter than animals. I am speaking from experince here, not paper talk. [/b][/quote]
    Would that be similar to the Hearts supporter who hit Rab Douglas on the head with a coin at the last game.

I believe the FIFA decision was based on their own observers. Possibly in conjunction with the local authorities, Europe wide who dealt with the Celtic supporters. People with no axe to grind.

I could not care less about what Rangers supporters do, that is a matter for them. However FIFA has recognised Celtic supporters as the best in the world. That will do for me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast