Thread: Stupid Ad-ware!

Okay 1st question what does adware actually do?Second when I installed it and used it, worked normally, after I deleted the "neccesary" files I started surfing around the net and later I downloaded the k-lite codec pack when I tried to install it it said something about windows socket error or something so I stopped installing and after that I downloaded soulseek and when I finished installing soulseek I tried to open it but it said windows sockets initialization failed...please can somebody help me!!!! :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

I know what it said now(klite codec):

C:\Windows\System\shoutcastsource.ax

Unable to register the DLL/OCX:LoadLibrary failed; code 1114.
    A Dynamic Link Library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    sounds like you deleted stuff you should not have with your adaware, find out the exact name of the .dll file you are missing then go here find it downlaod it and put it back in the same directory its missing from

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Well the problem is I cannot go to the internet(right now i am using my dad's computer) and how do I figure out what file I am missing(my router doesn't work; a window keeps popping up that says windows sockets initialization failed...) pleas help me!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    i'm not sure but if you have xp try and os repair, i think you have deleted some registry keys boss.

but again don't hold me to it i'm not sure, do an os repair if nobosy else has a better idea

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    thanx musleman ill try that(do u know how to do an OS repair for windows 98? do I need a program?), also I saw this on a website that says I need to download Service Pack 2 for windows to restore my windows sockets....is this true? and can some1 tell me where I can find one? that would be great thanks...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    h1
    Just go to Ad-Aware and restore all the backups. Then go delete the ad-/spyware in small amounts until you find the problem, just delete everything else at that point.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by haxor41789@11 February 2004 - 01:48
    Just go to Ad-Aware and restore all the backups. Then go delete the ad-/spyware in small amounts until you find the problem, just delete everything else at that point.
    if adaware has your backups then that would be the easiest way, try haxor's idea first

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    well I kinda uninstalled it(the adware) and I can't do an OS Reapir how can I fix this?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    h1
    Just reinstall it. Ad-aware doesn't remove backups by default... I think...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JHD1489@9 February 2004 - 07:28
    Okay 1st question what does adware actually do?Second when I installed it and used it, worked normally, after I deleted the "neccesary" files I started surfing around the net and later I downloaded the k-lite codec pack when I tried to install it it said something about windows socket error or something so I stopped installing and after that I downloaded soulseek and when I finished installing soulseek I tried to open it but it said windows sockets initialization failed...please can somebody help me!!!! :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

I know what it said now(klite codec):

C:\Windows\System\shoutcastsource.ax

Unable to register the DLL/OCX:LoadLibrary failed; code 1114.
    A Dynamic Link Library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
    I can only anwser your first question becuase i don't understand the reas.

Ad-ware is like advertisments and it will like show you many pop-ups and ad banners. You can get ad-aware and get it removed. Just search for it cuz i don't know the link.