Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Are Irc's Strong And Weak Points?

Well, as far as I am concerned RIAA can't touch me! I live outside the US (I am an EU citizen), so I am too far for their teeth...

Anyhow, it seems that although IRC is a bit more cumbersome in its ease of use than the typical P2P clients, its speed and reliability more than compensates for that. Definitely an A+! B)

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    Another great thing about irc is that you can find rooms dedicated to certain content.

For example, if you're a fan of a particular tv show, you'll be able to find a group of people sharing that show on irc, usually every episode ever showed on TV too. These are also the places where so called cappers (people that actually record tv shows) hang out and spread their caps. But it's not that easy to find such channels.

My opinion:
    KL - :x
    BT - excellent for new releases of movies, games, apps and tv shows
    irc - if you got some time and patience, you can find just about anything
    eMule - very good for old rare stuff (movies, games), also non-english content

I only use IRC and BT myself. I've stopped using KL and eMule completely.

And IRC is not necessary a leeching p2p client, I share approximately 5 GB per day on IRC.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    In addition to what tilen said, irc and bt go together well. With my dsl connection, if I want to seed I cannot also dl a file. My bandwidth for uploading will not support both at the same time.

But by using irc, I can dl a file and seed a file on bt at the same time. Works great I am seeding Red Dwarf with bt and getting a couple of movies at the same time

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    I think I would agree that IRC is a leeching client, b'coz so many gigs are downloaded of it and only a few are in the +R mode, which means ur sharing files....

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Thing is, your only a leach if you are not giving back. Many people use irc to get and then give back though other networks.

You can leach with any client(or at least severely limit what you give back) so it's not the client that is the problem.

Remember, clients don't leach, people do

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    yeah i agree, not many ppl set up fservs or bots on irc, but they do dl them and put on other networks sucj as FT,emule,BT etc

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    if somebody would teach me how to set up a bot for irc so i can share it would be contributing

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Don't worry about being a leech. Download with mIRC, then share the files with Kazaa Lite.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by jackc@5 February 2004 - 10:53
    BT offers superfast d/ls, has no fakes, but offers limited availability of files
    much more like has shitty d/l speed
    IRC is the 1 with SuperFast d/l speed

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by jackc@5 February 2004 - 10:53
    - KLite offers fast d/ls, but has moderate availablity of files, and lots of fakes
    - BT offers superfast d/ls, has no fakes, but offers limited availability of files
    - Shereaza has shitty d/l speeds, but has great file availability and no fakes
    heres my Advantages and DisAdvantages about K-Lite,mIRC,and BT

-K-Lite offers fast d/l speed, but has a lot of fakes
    -mIRC offers superfast d/l speed, has no fakes & have 2 wait in line 2 d/l
    -BT offers shitty d/l speed, also has no fakes & no waiting in line 2 d/l

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast