Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth Network

Poster
    how about this one...its max transfer rate is 11Mps. a lot more....its cheap too. my moms comp is literally on the other side of the wall so distance shouldnt be a prob.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    that looks nice man... problem solved...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    yea it look nice...but i ve never heard of them b4 lol....anybody tried bluetooth b4? if nothign bad comes up, im gonna order it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Do not use bluetooth. It was designed to be part of a PAN (personal area network). It puprose was to get rid off all the wires from behind your computer like the mouse, keyboard, printer, cell, pda, etc. It was not designed to connect 2 computers together. They made it only have a short range on purpose so that it only connects things to your own computer and for security reasons. I don't think that it can go through walls very well.

Also, ive used a bluetooth mouse with my friends computer. It really sucks. It would always lag a little even thought it was a new computer and the mouse was about a foot away

Just go with a real wireless router. 802.11b is all most people need and it keeps getting cheaper and cheaper.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@6 February 2004 - 05:46
    how about this one...its max transfer rate is 11Mps. a lot more....its cheap too. my moms comp is literally on the other side of the wall so distance shouldnt be a prob.
    You should be able to get 54 Mb/s wireless PCI adaptors for less. If you have spare pci slots on the two pc's then buy a pci adpator instead.
    Robert00000

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    i guess ill go look at some new wireless nic instead.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    okay, i just found this deali dont know if it uses bluetooth or what exactly btu it seem good. indoor it says it can go up to 100 meters but from my room to my mom is about 5 meter. the thing i like about that deal is the payment option...i can payments which give me money left to spare. what u guys think.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    anybody? plz? your thoughts? and the facts that all my phone at home is 2.4ghz freq. is makig me think its interfering w/ my connection speed

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    sheesh, wehre everybody go?

oh, and there is only one wall seperating my comp and my mom's comp...they are literally back to back

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@8 February 2004 - 02:10
    okay, i just found this deali dont know if it uses bluetooth or what exactly btu it seem good. indoor it says it can go up to 100 meters but from my room to my mom is about 5 meter. the thing i like about that deal is the payment option...i can payments which give me money left to spare. what u guys think.
    This seems good, but a bit expensive. I would still recommend the 54 Mb/s wirelss router option (plus adaptors)

Data transfer speed is important because you will want to swap files between the pc's. If you have a quick connection it makes things more convenient.
    Robert00000

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast