Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Overnet Good For?

that your aware of.

Unless you've asked every overnet user then you cant say theres only two people who have had this problem. There could be people who use ed2k links only, and dont need search , and theres people who used it and it didnt work and they dont use it anymore.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    BANNED
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@10 February 2004 - 17:09
    that your aware of.

Unless you've asked every overnet user then you cant say theres only two people who have had this problem. There could be people who use ed2k links only, and dont need search , and theres people who used it and it didnt work and they dont use it anymore.
    first why don't you check out the overnet forum

second, there is alot more than a million users on overnet, but i only said million for a reason

as far as people who only use ed2k link and people who don't use search anymore well...roflmao,

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    1) why should i put myself through that torture (it isnt an overnet forum as such, mostly a edonkey with a bit of overnet chucked in).

2)i didnt say there werent more than a mill. But not quite the same no of emule users though still 1million plus users im sure there are more than 2 with this problem.

3) its possible.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@11 February 2004 - 01:35
    1) why should i put myself through that torture (it isnt an overnet forum as such, mostly a edonkey with a bit of overnet chucked in).

2)i didnt say there werent more than a mill. But not quite the same no of emule users though still 1million plus users im sure there are more than 2 with this problem.

3) its possible.
    Hi Pretender or AndyCycle You are.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Old Fella
    Um, you've confused me. With Overnet aren't you connecting to the same database of users as Emule - in which case the user count is the same.

And if it can't find something after 20 minutes then isn't there a pretty good chance it ain't there!

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    I've been thinking about installing overnet for a while now,but I'm not sure wich one.I'll probably start of with the basic overnet to see how it works but when I go to downloads on their site there are two different ones to download 'GUI version' and 'Command line client'.Am I supposed to download both of them to get it working?Or just the one I find has the nicest name ............... seriously,help me out here.
    And is the pro really better than the basic one or is there no difference between them?

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by Cyril@11 February 2004 - 07:34
    Um, you've confused me. With Overnet aren't you connecting to the same database of users as Emule - in which case the user count is the same.

And if it can't find something after 20 minutes then isn't there a pretty good chance it ain't there!
    overnet can connect to emules network as well as its own.... (im still not sure about this though, havent found any text about this to back it up), anyway emule has 2 mill users on ed2k network, but overnet only has 1.5 ish mill i think, but you can connect to more people as sources since your using ed2k as well as overnet network.

well i tried lord (as in LOTR) and got nothing,... you saying that lord of the rings or other lord files arent on it or on ed2ks network?

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Old Fella
    LOTR is on their. Musleman used a download that of an example in 1 of these threads. It's on Sharereactor so you should check there - 4 parts so around 1.2 to 1.4 Gig.

Any idea why Overnet will only ever show on mine as around 400,000 users. Right now shows 344,064.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    BANNED
    the users are just an estimate.

@~FunK_mOb~ download the gui , and the pro is nothing then the regulare without the banner. which you just use the loader for.

@thisiswhoweare, i belive there is enough users here that have changed to overnet and like it alot better then "slowmule", and i don't see everybody here nagging about the search.

sure it does exitst but its not overnet, its the enviroment on your pc

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by Cyril@11 February 2004 - 09:38
    LOTR is on their. Musleman used a download that of an example in 1 of these threads. It's on Sharereactor so you should check there - 4 parts so around 1.2 to 1.4 Gig.

Any idea why Overnet will only ever show on mine as around 400,000 users. Right now shows 344,064.
    @Cyril.

Your missing my point thats what i mean. LOTR is on the overnet and emule network and i tried LOTR as a search name, and got zip results after half hr. And for other names for that matter.

@MM
    right now im expecting lots of people to go on overnet because they will get the impression of it as "just another kazaalite" and the overnet network is gonna end up with leechers and fakers. and people who unshare files as soon as they dl them although i hope i am wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast