Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Updated Design

Damn there's a whole lot of whining going on around here.

Every change I have read about has led to a bunch of complaining. Of course 7th is gonna say he could care less what everyone thinks and will do as he pleases. Everything he and the mods has done has led to flaming and useless spam posts.

They all spend a lot of time trying to make this place better at the expense of not only their valuable time but in some cases their money. If the changes mean all the whiners and flamers are gonna leave, then I think 7th is doing a wonderfull job.

Keep up the good work.

@7th

I do however wonder why all the skins are not available. I like the current one and am glad you didn't give one of the crazy dark ones as a default, but what is wrong with the selection for those who do not like it? Do they cost money? Or is it a resource thing? I really don't know and just think that if there is a good reason people will leave you alone about it(at least those who matter).

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by tracydani@8 February 2004 - 13:55
    @7th

I do however wonder why all the skins are not available. I like the current one and am glad you didn't give one of the crazy dark ones as a default, but what is wrong with the selection for those who do not like it? Do they cost money? Or is it a resource thing? I really don't know and just think that if there is a good reason people will leave you alone about it(at least those who matter).

TD
    There's a lot of work done behind the scenes, some to do with the SwapGate project but also a lot of maintaining the board (If I hear 7th bitch about the work he's recently done to maintain and optimise the board one more time... ). Naturally, doing some skins isn't the job with the highest priority. That, and my guess is that it'll be only the one for now until the rest of the areas go up, to keep some uniformity around the place )

I (and a few others I bet ) wouldn't mind doing the work of updating a few of the old skins though

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Looks great now 7th, keep up the good work

Now I have to get used to every thing and try it out before I can comment anymore on the changes

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+8 February 2004 - 03:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 8 February 2004 - 03:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-I.am@8 February 2004 - 18:00

STFU&#33; Its been too much just leave it now.
    Why do you feel the constant need to pull people up about everything?

10. Do not Stalk. Do not travel the boards looking for people who you feel are breaking rules so you can tell them off. Do not warn people of the rules when they first arrive - that can be insulting. If someone is being a nuisance on the board, and a moderator is aware of the situation, consider backing off. Goading and provoking troublemakers takes control of the situation away from the moderator and makes their role more difficult.
    Stop acting like a mod&#33; [/b][/quote]
    With that post I can say the exact same thing to you.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@9 February 2004 - 00:19
    Go on then&#33; Hurt my feelings. l&#39;m getting used to having my own rules on this board. l just take it for granted now that l&#39;m the only person on here that doesn&#39;t have the freedom to say what l like. So feel free to have a go, after all, l am the mod&#39;s favourite excuse for not having a life, and you&#39;re a mod. Maybe you could nail me to a cross?

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    internet.news
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+8 February 2004 - 17:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 8 February 2004 - 17:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@9 February 2004 - 00:19
    Go on then&#33; Hurt my feelings. l&#39;m getting used to having my own rules on this board. l just take it for granted now that l&#39;m the only person on here that doesn&#39;t have the freedom to say what l like. So feel free to have a go, after all, l am the mod&#39;s favourite excuse for not having a life, and you&#39;re a mod. Maybe you could nail me to a cross?

[/b][/quote]
    Yeah, that is could share your thoughts&#33;

I understand you quite well - unfortunately our admin is just a human as well.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Poster
    I personally think the board looks great and is a great improvemt; well done to all those concerned.

In my opinion this board would die a slow death if changes weren&#39;t made. Certainly, the connection with Kazaa Lite needs to be removed; and lets face it, the KL board itself is a dirty word in other p2p forums.

There is a good chance that the board will now grow and prosper, but only if the current bad atmosphere ends.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+8 February 2004 - 10:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 8 February 2004 - 10:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@9 February 2004 - 00:19

[/b][/quote]
    I see you just twist things to mean something completely different.

If your feelings are hurt by what I said then by the same logic I.am must be hurt by your comments.

Are you saying that I cannot make comments about what you do? I thought I had freedom to say what I like.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    Poster
    I thought I had freedom to say what I like.
    No that doesnt exist You have to make a poll and ask the community what they want to hear and then you can post it

That&#39;s how it works these days

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    In my opinion this board would die a slow death if changes weren&#39;t made. Certainly, the connection with Kazaa Lite needs to be removed; and lets face it, the KL board itself is a dirty word in other p2p forums.
    Definitely not. K-Lite is still my most favourite p2p program (although I do have others installed aswell, and use them if I can&#39;t find what I&#39;m looking for).
    Why does everyone seem to hate it so much now? Even if I am the last person in the world to still use it, I will be there with my files. This is the only official k-lite forum on the web - the users need somewhere to go if they have questions or problems about the application.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast