Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remember The Internet In 1995? I Do

Keikan's Avatar ........
    Funny huh? My computer was actually an performance pc at one time!
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    No, I don't. I had no internet at that time.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    I remember the glory days of 28.8k. My first internet access was through Compuserve with a browser called Mosaic which really sucked.
    We can't stop here... this is bat country

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    my first modem was a 7k. borrowed from a friend. we never had the internet till late, althought i grew up with computers. my first os was dos then windows 3.1
    jp posted a pic yesterday of a portable computer, it was the exact same one my dad had. we used to play a game called rogue on it which you had to load manually. it had a black screen with green writing, it was cool. pity we chucked it out when we moved house 9 years ago it would probably be worth something now.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    BANNED
    I started with the net at like 96-97. So I wouldn't remember internet in 1995.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Went online in 1998, and it was sooooo slooooooowwwww back then

My first computer was a Tandy, with the memory inside the keyboard

7. Lounge   -   #27
    i remember back then i was barely introduced to the net, they had some free shit called owow.com and i was using it....it was cool

i still had my spare, had a monitor in only green, dos only....those fat ass 6 inch wide floppy disks that hold like 50 kb or something, had a few games like kings quest and rampage, but some idiot spilled pepsi on one of them, and when i cleaned it it left a stain on teh soft part and wouldn't read.......fuckers!!

8. Lounge   -   #28
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    My first introduction to the internet wasn't until '96 when I was taking a computer upgrading course (which was supposed to be 18 weeks long and I completed in 2 weeks and was subsequently hired by the company to teach).

Shortly thereafter I got my internet access at home, and very shortly thereafter was part of a pilot program for broadband in my area (probably early '98 might even have been late '97, but I can't remember now). I wasn't on dialup for long.

So in answer to your question... No... I don't remember the internet in 1995.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Yes kind of, I knew it was there was a thing called internet, and email.

We had a phone hooked upto an old Arcamedies (spelling) at school, and could dial out to certain Ftp's I presume, we just got pages of text, never really did know what it was all about, I had my Spectrum +2 at home

(which was supposed to be 18 weeks long and I completed in 2 weeks and was subsequently hired by the company to teach).
    Modest much??..........Or do you just read aboat it
    Ain't she clever

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that at that time AOL charged by the hour, and my first monthly bill was $94. Needless to say I didn't stick with AOL very long.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast