Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: View Of A Newcomer

Originally posted by Agrajag@8 February 2004 - 09:36
    I assumed that you equating me to internet.news was an insult.
    Ok I guess I'll jump in...

Why would you assume that comparing you to internt.news would be an insult, it seemed clear to me it was a joke considering that it was suggested that you are an existing member signing up under a new identity, you do seem to know the members rather well for a newcomer, although if you really are a new member then I say welcome aboard.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Agrajag@8 February 2004 - 08:11
    I am new to this board, though not to boards as a whole.

In my opinion, for what its worth, this looks like a really great place. It loads fast, has lots of content and seems very professionally run. I understand why some people may object to it changing, I have been reading the threads which are sometimes quite heated. However sometimes you just have to see how things go, give them a try, before you decide they are bad.

If you don't like the way things are going, you can tell the mods and admin. Probably better to do it politely though. Few people respond well to being told their hard work is a lot of crap. If you still don't like things, but others do, then maybe it is time to move on. That is what I will do, however so far so good, but then it is all new to me and I have no comitment to the good old days.

Just my thoughts as a n00b, to balance the views of the old hands.
    Why do you still fucking start threads about this?

We weren't bitching about the new layout. Most of us just wanted it a little wider.

Since you just signed up today, i don't think you really have the right to make a post telling us to leave if we don't like changes.

Welcome to the board. I seem you already made yourself comfortable with your 48 posts in one day.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    BANNED
    yea 1 day i cant see makeing a post like this

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Originally posted by Askjeevesbot@8 February 2004 - 22:03
    well you will see how your opinion changes when you stay a little while
    I have been here longer than some who already ARE reactiing in non-productive ways...

this isnt rocket science....saw someone complain about the top tag being called a community rather thatn forum?..reasonable to bring it up..reasoble to see if u have enuf support to get it changed..but reasonable to leave constantly flame if it doesnt? does it really affect the board? no. affect our type of our freedom to posts? no...affest our veiws on filesharing or politics or anything else? no...and the user hasnt bitched about it..to their credit...its an asthetic complaint...

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Originally posted by evildon@8 February 2004 - 21:54
    of course we can..if we all choose too....as far as i know no amount of fake users getting on and blowing smoke saying"this board is great..i am new but i like the changes" will change anything and no reason to get all up in arms about it...not saying thats going on..as i have said before the rez or color or logo does not make this forum what it is the users do...in the end anyhow..I can deal with the changes so far nothing real earth-shattering....as long as this doesnt turn into a kindergaten class or a place where a few bullies run the playground I am fine..and the board should be...we come here to socialize and to keep up to date on P2P stuff...dont see why we cant keep doing that here even with the changes...only other thing that i see is that there seems to be an undercurrent of Kazaa bashing starting on here which I totally fail to understand...
    Are you referring to me when you describe a fake user.

Like I said I am new to this board, but not to the internet or to boards as a whole. I have absolutely no connection with the board here, if you chose to believe otherwise, fine. You have no reason to believe anything I say. JUst as I have no experience of you. Though it does say more about you than it does about me.

I can however assure you that, if you want the boards membership to stay as it is, or drop, then just keep being as welcoming as you are just now. I like the look of the place and I like how fast it works. However if ultimately I don't get on with the people then I will go eelsewhere. No point in having a nice comfortable clubhouse if you don't like the other members. Though I have to say, most people have been nice and welcoming. The lounge is quite an interesting place and I have posted a few things there, as does the About World News part.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    BANNED
    this is a community i mean can you think of 1 community who never argues or has disagreements?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Originally posted by Mr. Blunt+8 February 2004 - 22:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr. Blunt @ 8 February 2004 - 22:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Agrajag@8 February 2004 - 08:11
    I am new to this board, though not to boards as a whole.

In my opinion, for what its worth, this looks like a really great place. It loads fast, has lots of content and seems very professionally run. I understand why some people may object to it changing, I have been reading the threads which are sometimes quite heated. However sometimes you just have to see how things go, give them a try, before you decide they are bad.

If you don&#39;t like the way things are going, you can tell the mods and admin. Probably better to do it politely though. Few people respond well to being told their hard work is a lot of crap. If you still don&#39;t like things, but others do, then maybe it is time to move on. That is what I will do, however so far so good, but then it is all new to me and I have no comitment to the good old days.

Just my thoughts as a n00b, to balance the views of the old hands.
    Why do you still fucking start threads about this?

We weren&#39;t bitching about the new layout. Most of us just wanted it a little wider.

Since you just signed up today, i don&#39;t think you really have the right to make a post telling us to leave if we don&#39;t like changes.

Welcome to the board. I seem you already made yourself comfortable with your 48 posts in one day. [/b][/quote]
    Are you serious when you ask why I started a positive thread ? That is an interesting position.

Oh and please don&#39;t swear at me, it serves no usefull purpose, neither does telling me that I have no right to an opinion. I made it clear that I was posting as a new member, to give an opinion by someone who had mo pre conceived ideas. I certainly did not attack anone or their views. I only suggested that people give it a try before they decided they changes were bad. I don&#39;t think that was unreasonable. Do you ?

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Originally posted by Askjeevesbot@8 February 2004 - 23:10
    this is a community i mean can you think of 1 community who never argues or has disagreements?
    The Fransiscan Monks, or so I am told.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    Originally posted by Agrajag+8 February 2004 - 23:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agrajag @ 8 February 2004 - 23:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-evildon@8 February 2004 - 21:54
    of course we can..if we all choose too....as far as i know no amount of fake users getting on and blowing smoke saying"this board is great..i am new but i like the changes" will change anything and no reason to get all up in arms about it...not saying thats going on..as i have said before the rez or color or logo does not make this forum what it is the users do...in the end anyhow..I can deal with the changes so far nothing real earth-shattering....as long as this doesnt turn into a kindergaten class or a place where a few bullies run the playground I am fine..and the board should be...we come here to socialize and to keep up to date on P2P stuff...dont see why we cant keep doing that here even with the changes...only other thing that i see is that there seems to be an undercurrent of Kazaa bashing starting on here which I totally fail to understand...
    Are you referring to me when you describe a fake user.

Like I said I am new to this board, but not to the internet or to boards as a whole. I have absolutely no connection with the board here, if you chose to believe otherwise, fine. You have no reason to believe anything I say. JUst as I have no experience of you. Though it does say more about you than it does about me.

I can however assure you that, if you want the boards membership to stay as it is, or drop, then just keep being as welcoming as you are just now. I like the look of the place and I like how fast it works. However if ultimately I don&#39;t get on with the people then I will go eelsewhere. No point in having a nice comfortable clubhouse if you don&#39;t like the other members. Though I have to say, most people have been nice and welcoming. The lounge is quite an interesting place and I have posted a few things there, as does the About World News part. [/b][/quote]
    no in the post i typed that i wasnt implying that it was happening in this case...if i typed anything to insult u please let me know...what was it i typed that wasnt welcoming?..however the fact that someone accused u of this so quickly i tried to point out the fact that this tact wouldnt work...just in case someone else does decide to fake post etc...

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Originally posted by Askjeevesbot@8 February 2004 - 23:10
    I dont think we all hafta agree..just be civil..getting along doesnt mean we all agree..I HATE the new logo and not too up on the name..but not gonna frak about it..no way will we all agree....doesnt mean we cant get along tho..two seperate things actually..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast