Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Dream P2p App

powerstick's Avatar Poster
    ODC With everyone having at least a 1.5 megabit connection and only one hub open at a time. In addition, only 3 slots open so fast file sharing can take place.
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    how about kazaa lite with more users more downloads and no fakes

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    *Better search criteria and the ability to link to other networks (like shareaza)

*Big user base (like fasttrack)

*Better meta data (so I can search for everything by, say, a particular director)

*A great big motherf*cker list of verifieds!

* And for me personally - a 500GB HD and a 1.5Mb connection!

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    just keep dreaming guys .. i'll go along with u .. till i see that day

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    1. Connect to all networks.

2. Scans for fake files,corrupted, and files infected by viruses EVERY DAY (MUST SCAN EVERY 24 HOURS)

3. If one of the above appears the user that has the fake file or whatever gets kicked off the network for an amount of time like a day,wook or month. And CANNOT come back even if the time is up if they have the file and there still sharing it.

4. Accepts torrents, sig2dat links and you name it.

5. Has a search button.

6. Accepts Skins.

7. Easy and good interface.

8. Buddy list,protection and big network with lots of users and great speeds.

9. AND NO CHANCE IN HELL OF ANY F-IN SPYWARE OR GODDAMN AD-AWRE. NO AD ABNNERS NO POPUPS NOT ANY!

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    internet.news
    Originally posted by mogadishu@9 February 2004 - 03:48
    My dream network would be emule/overnet... but everyon has t3 lines.
    My dream p2p client was Audiogalaxy for its fast speed and the small client.

Now, my favorites are 1)K-Lite K++, 2)SoulSeek 3)KCeasy 4)Imesh 5) Emule
    6) Slavanap (some servers including my own) 7) others...

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    it is not your favorites internet news, its your dream p2p app.

mine re-thought of and sorted out

1) Only people sharing at least one file are allowed. No leechers. Some kind of benefits for those that share lots of files.

2) Secure network, so the RIAA & MPAA can't see whos sharing what.

3) Virus & fake file elimination (somewhat like e-mule)

4) A site like sharereactor to host download links

5) Possibly either include ad's in the program, or on the site, it needs to make money for the creators. they would deserve it anyways. As long as it doesn't insert spyware.

6) Ability to search for a certain user, a buddy list is a good idea.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    h1
    My two dream P2P apps already exist: MLdonkey and Nicotine.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    My dream would be to have a standard protocol with which to download and upload to others. All P2P clients would be compatible with each other. The protocol would work through the HTTP protocol, support standard HTTP proxy servers, and encrypt data.

The difference between networks and programs would be the method used to find sources (decentralized, server based, etc). For enhanced speed and source finding capabilities, trackers would be used to store information about the networks users: who is requesting which files, who has each file, whether or not the user is online, etc.

For more details, read my proposal: http://home.socal.rr.com/goldwing/PeerNetwork.pdf

Unfortunately, I have already figured out that my idea for how to solve NAT/firewall problems wouldn't work. =(

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    my dream p2p will be somethin like ESS
    1. it connect to all the network (fast track , gnutella ..etc )
    2 it is fast
    3 relieble (from my piont of view apparently not so many peaple agrees with me for no reasons )
    thats it ......halla
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Are you afraid that your PC is inflected with sasser check this link out</span></span>

Sasser Simple Solution

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast