View Poll Results: Would you like a Linux section to be added into SoftwareWorld?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think Linux is interesting and that this board would benefit from it.

117 83.57%
  • No, I am not interested in Linux and I do not think this board would benefit from it.

23 16.43%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would You Like A Linux Section

Poster
    Originally posted by shn+9 February 2004 - 19:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 9 February 2004 - 19:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Marius24@9 February 2004 - 13:05
    if there was a linux section it would be dead within a month

no linux world
    [/b][/quote]
    why hve a linux world when you can just use software world instead?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    h1
    Originally posted by Marius24@9 February 2004 - 15:39
    why hve a linux world when you can just use software world instead?
    Because Linux people can discuss what they want to. Will it cause any harm to you? In fact, it should make it better for you, because all the Linux threads will have their very own garbage can and won&#39;t pollute Softwareworld for you.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    there is not really any place to discuss file sharing in linux on the board. im sure alot more people will be trying linux as it becomes more popular.

Linux world would be a great idea.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Poster
    then there will be a windows world and a mac world. Its still all software and its proberly only thing keeping the software world going. As soon as you start splitting the world into smaller ones people dont go in them because of the smaller comunities see the filesharing worlds like DC++ etc they are ghost towns

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    h1
    @4play:
    You tried Nicotine man? I&#39;m sharing around 140K songs on it now (Linux SoulSeek).

@marius24:
    Windowsworld will never happen because Windows is the overwhelming majority. Macworld will never happen because almost nobody uses it. And about ghost towns, there are a lot of people that have expressed interest in Linuxworld. Let&#39;s just give it a whirl and if nobody uses it, kill it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by haxor41789@9 February 2004 - 16:17
    @4play:
    You tried Nicotine man? I&#39;m sharing around 140K songs on it now (Linux SoulSeek).
    I wish i could get nicotine to work&#33;&#33;

linuxworld is a great idea, anyone that says its bad has either never used linux or is a robot controlled by bill gates&#33;&#33;

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Besides. Mac osx and most other mac os are based on unix anyway. So they can still fit into linux category. Other than dos and novell and stuff. The softwareworld focuses on windows based software. One section apart from that would be all that linuxworld would need.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Originally posted by shn@9 February 2004 - 17:34
    Besides.&nbsp; Mac osx and most other mac os are based on unix anyway.&nbsp; So they can still fit into linux category.&nbsp; Other than dos and novell and stuff.&nbsp; The softwareworld focuses on windows based software.&nbsp; One section apart from that would be all that linuxworld would need.
    Exactly, and Mac isn&#39;t the only OS based on Unix. That&#39;s why I think it should have a comprimise on the name.

Unix, Linux, Solaris, Mac and more can fall into one category, right?
    Except that I can&#39;t come up with a decent name. LinuxWorld sounds good, but that wouldn&#39;t be an accurate description.

Unix-BasedWorld sounds like shit, doesn&#39;t it?
    "Welcome to the Wonderful World of ...nix."
    *nixWorld? A bit difficult, isn&#39;t it?

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    @4play:
    yeah i tried using it but i still can seem to share any of my files through my router. people keep getting error loading list messages.

still the pyslsk client for linux was pretty neat for a while.

*nix world might be a cool name if it is to encompass the whole unix/linux/solaris/bsd world.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    h1
    Whatever it&#39;s going to be called, half of the votes have been gotten from my sig.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast