Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Language Violation

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I know what.You could have an Option for People.You know.A "PG" Skin or something.That way Parents can have that on when their kids are hanging out.Or for the People who do not want to see it.

That way nobody can complain about "freedom of speech".And the ones who do not like the Language like UcanRock2 here can just turn on the Filter or use the Skin.

I really do not know what I am talking about.Pay no attention to me.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I dont like the filter...theres one on a local gaming forum..and it says Badword for fuck and badword1 for shit..its pretty gay...just dont worry about it..if someone cusses they want to..big deal
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    That suggetion that FC made, is it possible?
    That would be a great solution.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Poster
    Word filters are global settings but I don't think this will become a huge problem. If mods notice that it's getting out of hands they take action anyway

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@10 February 2004 - 07:52
    Its not like a Filter can not be added to make it where certain Words are replaced.
    That happened a long time ago, before I was a mod. I had the idea that perhaps we could replace words like 'fuck' or 'cunt' with a smilie (I even made the smilie, which is now one of the board smilies - ).

VB decided to test it out for a while and set 'fuck' to be replaced by , and there was a huge outcry of the usual stock answer of "Censorship!", "Why don't we burn some books while we are at it." and so on.

If we edit out profanity we are naziesque censors, if we don't then we're wusses who can't do our jobs.

We have to stamp out the unacceptable, but as always it's difficult to differentiate between what's allowable and what's not, which is the story of a mod's life really.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    I dont mind the swearing as long as it is in the right context...like my friend had a heart attack today..and i have calmed down now..but I could very well see me getting on here right after and typing certain words or phrases that would contain vulgarity...swearing just to be swearing or to flame someone tho...that does bother me..for what its not worth....

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@10 February 2004 - 22:58
    We have to stamp out the unacceptable, but as always it's difficult to differentiate between what's allowable and what's not, which is the story of a mod's life really.
    Quit your whining and get back to work

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    internet.news
    Originally posted by UcanRock2@10 February 2004 - 01:00

I know people can control what they say...maybe make an area for people who can't stick to the norm.

Read a post just a minute ago and the 2 top words were: f_ck, c_nt.

I'm not religious or anything...but ain't this a little step.
    I don't judge about anyone as people are just human.

I personally try to be opened firstly in a way that doesn't hurt too much, only if this
    is not possible or difficult I try to be opened (directly).

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Originally posted by internet.news@10 February 2004 - 15:27
    I don't judge about anyone as people are just human.

I personally try to be opened firstly in a way that doesn't hurt too much, only if this
    is not possible or difficult I try to be opened (directly).
    Ofcourse its a known fact that people are humans, you really dont have to bring that in every post. But the point where humans start acting like animals thats what we are talking about.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    i cussed out booga cuz he pissed me off

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast