Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dvd Copying

Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    DVD Shrink is definately not the way to go if you want maximum quality.

If you want to retain the main movies' quality, then you'll need to follow another guide called Full DVD Backup Guide. There is another one I'm trying to find which has everything you'll ever need to know.

The thing to remember is this. There are 2 types of DVD Copying.

QUALITY OVER SPEED or SPEED OVER QUALITY.

I prefer QUALITY OVER SPEED. I do not mind waiting 24hrs to ensure my DVD has been copied with the maximum possible quality. Once burnt, it will only take 30 minutes max (depending on burner) to secure another copy.

As for DVDXCOPY, whoever mentioned this piece of crap should be shot. These guys are working with the film industry to insure that you do not burn copyrighted material. Measures include an invisible watermark that lets the movie industry know if it's a legit copy or not. I don't know about you guys but if the cops ever 'visit' my house, I do not want years worth of burning to tell the authorities what I have done. I'm looking for the article I read on this as I type this.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    hey

Just use DVD Shrink 3.0

Its the best there is , u dont get any of those lame disclaimers, and its a bit quicker then dvd x copy.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by phatdoggydogg203@14 February 2004 - 12:28
    dvdr shrink is cool but it just take over 3 hours
    3 hours. WTF .

Whats your system spec? I've been using dvd shrink for a while and the longest it took was 50 mins on a movie.

If you want speed then i would recommend dvd2one, it takes 15 to 25 mins (on my system specs - Athlon 2000 XP)

Whichever software you use always get the latest one because the features and speed are always improved.
    Robert00000

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by Robert00000+19 February 2004 - 02:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robert00000 @ 19 February 2004 - 02:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-phatdoggydogg203@14 February 2004 - 12:28
    dvdr shrink is cool but it just take over 3 hours
    3 hours. WTF .

Whats your system spec? I&#39;ve been using dvd shrink for a while and the longest it took was 50 mins on a movie.

If you want speed then i would recommend dvd2one, it takes 15 to 25 mins (on my system specs - Athlon 2000 XP)

Whichever software you use always get the latest one because the features and speed are always improved. [/b][/quote]
    yep exactly

I see no loss of quality with DVDsrink btw or maybe I&#39;m just blind or something

anyway

it should take about 1hr at the most for a 3hr movie&#33;

and yes DVDXcopy is a sack of shit

and get DVD srink 3.1.6 3.0 has lots of bug like freezintg crashing

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    well it only take like a hour now for some reason, at first it was like 3 hours

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    I&#39;ve been using DVD X Copy Xpress for 4 months nnow (paid for it - &#036;50 with 25 DVDs , 10 cases, and Ulead 6) and I love it. The warning message is easy to remove, and it hasn&#39;t failed to copy any DVD I&#39;ve tried. It does the whole thing with the menus, special features, all audio formats, everything in under an hour&#33; And as for the feds being able to tell if you burned a disc, the disc that says DVD+R and then the movie name in black marker will give it away, not some invisible watermark, buddy. DVD X Copy Xpress is extremely easy to use - 3 clicks and you&#39;re done. It also auto-compresses large DVDs to fit onto 1 disc (with no to very little, little as in bearly noticable when you&#39;re 1 foot from the TV, quality loss) So especially if you&#39;re new to copying DVDs, DVD X Copy Xpress is the way to go&#33;

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    BANNED
    xpress and dvd x copy platinum is the best, they copy anything. and make it look like they are helping the industry when all you have to do is just hit no when it asks " is this a rental" i think its very smart of them to put that in there. so far there has been nothing i have not been able to copy with them with great quality

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    well i have dvd x expres and dvd strink but, strink is doing the thing for me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123