Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asian In Trouble For Clothing Range

HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 February 2004 - 10:09
    Do you think it would be OK for a black guy to bring out a range of clothing with "Nigger" written across it?

They already have the FUBU brand, short for "For Us, By Us"

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Poster
    who ever got that guy introuble is a dumbass. just cause sum white guy wears fubu and ect. doesnt mean hes racist.. and wtf PAK 1?? how is that supposed to be offencive in any way..

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Weedy@13 February 2004 - 01:46
    who ever got that guy introuble is a dumbass. just cause sum white guy wears fubu and ect. doesnt mean hes racist.. and wtf PAK 1?? how is that supposed to be offencive in any way.. 
    Are you a Pakistani by any chance? Or a negro? Just because it doesn't offend you doesn't mean it isn't offensive.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    meh, im russian. B)

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Poster
    its not offensive but by the look of it. it's a good excuse to be offensive
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J'Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Originally posted by zacspeed@11 February 2004 - 23:52
    Sure, If it were a design by a white, middle-class guy, there would be a huge outcry, but as the designer is Asian himself, do you not think we are taking things a little too far?
    he should design a shirt that says "CH1NK" or "GØØK." i&#39;d buy one. i&#39;d be much more eager to buy it if the shirt was designed by a white, middle-class guy though... &#39;cause how often does the world make a display of solidarity for white, middle-class guys?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Who exactly is the Asian dude in trouble with ? some countries government, the World trade Organization or is this just a publicity crisis ?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    zacspeed's Avatar Pheasant plucker
    Apparently, it&#39;s the local Pakistani community leaders that are pissed off so much.
    I think in a way, this guy is cashing in on the (extremely successful) FCUK (French Connection UK) promotional bandwagon. I personally find the fact that some dude walking down the street wearing FCUK across his chest, a little annoying, when my daughter asks why the guy has "fuck" written on his front
    I may be way off the mark here, but to quote from Janes Addiction "Nothings Shocking" anymore.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19

Target Recalls &#39;Heil Hitler&#39; Clothes

The Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- Target Corp. said Wednesday that it is recalling baseball caps and shorts from all of its stores after a California customer realized symbols printed on the clothing are a code for "Heil Hitler."
    http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/02/08/Target1.html

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by clocker+12 February 2004 - 12:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 12 February 2004 - 12:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@12 February 2004 - 02:09
    Do you think it would be OK for a black guy to bring out a range of clothing with "Nigger" written across it?

I&#39;m surprised it hasn&#39;t already been done.
    There seems to be a flagrant double standard applied to the use of that word.
    Dave Chapelle for instance, uses it constantly.
    It would seem to be a case of "It&#39;s okay for us to use it, but don&#39;t you dare..." [/b][/quote]
    Yup exactly but....it shouldn&#39;t be allowed on network television.
    I use it with my friends all the time but not in the workplace. It&#39;s a private thing.
    If I were to be around a white guy saying that shit, I&#39;d smack him in the mouth.

Comedy Central bleeps out motherfucker but not nigger. Now that&#39;s weird.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast