Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's So Difficult Not To Smirk...

Ex-member
    That can't be Skweeky, her Scots is good but surely she's not proficient enough to use 'crabbit' correctly

Nor would she know who Ian McCall is

hi Marc, how you doin'?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Nah Youre right she doesnt know what crabbit means and definitely wont know Ian McCall, however, if she doesn't stop drinking my beer and eating my crisps she will soon see the true meaning of crabbit!

3. Lounge   -   #13
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    oi Liam, dont you think the scottish league is gettin absolutely pathetic?? i mean, celtic (who my dad loves) are 13 points ahead of rangers (which basically means that celtic are going to win the champs this year)...

BUT

look how far rangers are from 3rd place!!! something like 20 points!!!!!! i mean, dont you think that the scottish league is boring now that its only a competition between 2 teams only?

the same is here in israel - 2 teams (maccabi haifa and maccabi tel-aviv), same in the premiership (arsenal and man utd. - chelsea only came on this year with that arse abramovich that spent 115 million pounds in like 3 months)...

one thing i can tell you now - money has ruined competitive footy (look at real madrid if you dont believe me).
    i personally think that there should be a law that says the most money a team can spend throughout one year is something like 15 million pounds - so that the fotty will be competitive again...

tralalala

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by tralalala@15 February 2004 - 15:17
    oi Liam, dont you think the scottish league is gettin absolutely pathetic?? i mean, celtic (who my dad loves) are 13 points ahead of rangers (which basically means that celtic are going to win the champs this year)...

BUT

look how far rangers are from 3rd place!!! something like 20 points!!!!!! i mean, dont you think that the scottish league is boring now that its only a competition between 2 teams only?

the same is here in israel - 2 teams (maccabi haifa and maccabi tel-aviv), same in the premiership (arsenal and man utd. - chelsea only came on this year with that arse abramovich that spent 115 million pounds in like 3 months)...

one thing i can tell you now - money has ruined competitive footy (look at real madrid if you dont believe me).
    i personally think that there should be a law that says the most money a team can spend throughout one year is something like 15 million pounds - so that the fotty will be competitive again...

tralalala
    It's only pathetic when your team isn't winning, belive me, I've been there.

A better idea would be a wages cap, that would give the smaller teams more of a chance.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by Skweeky+15 February 2004 - 16:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skweeky @ 15 February 2004 - 16:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tralalala@15 February 2004 - 15:17

BUT

look how far rangers are from 3rd place&#33;&#33;&#33; something like 20 points&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp; i mean, dont you think that the scottish league is boring now that its only a competition between 2 teams only?

tralalala
    It&#39;s only pathetic when your team isn&#39;t winning, belive me, I&#39;ve been there.

A better idea would be a wages cap, that would give the smaller teams more of a chance. [/b][/quote]
    thats just what i suggested&#33;&#33;

and i love man utd

tralalala

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Ex-member
    It would be nice if it was more competitive, but that seems to be universal - Spain it&#39;s Real and Barca, England it&#39;s Man Utd. and Arsenal, and so on.

It just seems to be the way it goes.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Yeah, it could be worse....you could be playing for Livvy

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Originally posted by Lamsey@15 February 2004 - 16:31
    It would be nice if it was more competitive, but that seems to be universal - Spain it&#39;s Real and Barca, England it&#39;s Man Utd. and Arsenal, and so on.

It just seems to be the way it goes.
    well, if they DID limit the ammount of money spent throughout the year to lets say 10-15 million pounds, eventually (when the best players "die out"), youll have a much more competitive and interesting footy league... dont you think?

oh and Liam, why arent you on the mods list?? why you got them pretty stars?? i want too&#33;&#33;

tralalala

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    The Scottish league will get more competitive over the next few years. Celtic will be spending less, through choice. Look at the young talent they are bringing through. A lot of it Scottish. They now they can get into europe anyway. Rangers will be spending less through necessity, their debt is getting close to unmanagable just now and they have to do somthing about it. This is an ideal opportunity for Celtic to consolidate their financial position, while they can compete without spending fortunes. The rest of the pack will get closer, because Celtic and Rangers will move back towards them. This is good for the Scottish domestic game and the National side as youth development is all important. Look at some of the young Bhoys Celtic have just now. There are at least 5 who are in or close to the first team squad.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Originally posted by Agrajag@15 February 2004 - 18:03
    The Scottish league will get more competitive over the next few years. Celtic will be spending less, through choice.
    what are you using to determine this?&#33;

tralalala

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12