Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Applyinf As A Moderator For Interentworld

Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by Benno+15 February 2004 - 17:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Benno @ 15 February 2004 - 17:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-newcster68@15 February 2004 - 16:39
    By my observance the only way you get to be a mod on this board is if your in the "Click" with all the regulars cause i dont see contributers getting the spots. Im a definate regular and have contributed lots to this board..but...alas......
    So you think every contributing member should become a mod after some time?

btw I just saw your sig very nice but what does the S stand for, I never saw that? [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s the p2p clients, Kazaa, eMule, Shareza & Mirc...

Oh and Lamsey, excellent picture, truly, but the website is out of date lol

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by Samurai@15 February 2004 - 17:43
    Oh and Lamsey, excellent picture, truly, but the website is out of date lol
    [3rd gen noob] you should change the url on the "don&#39;t call us" pic
    [Lamsey] why
    [3rd gen noob] it&#39;s on klboard.ath.cx still
    [Lamsey] oh right
    [Lamsey] can&#39;t be <s>arsed</s> bothered
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by newcster68@15 February 2004 - 17:21
    and...from what I was told is that if you have one mod member that doent want you as a mod the decision is final....aint that a crock.... in the USA we have a voting system that gets you in by majority vote not what one person thinks..but hey&#33; Im happy where I sit..
    Who the hell told you that?

People put suggestions forward and we discuss and narrow it down based on lots of criteria...you&#39;d have to have a better reason than "I dont like him/her".

If theres a reason that someone doesnt think someone else is suited it would be brought up and a concensus taken.

It certainly is not a "Black Balled" idea....we leave that to the Masons and Golf Clubs

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+15 February 2004 - 13:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced &#064; 15 February 2004 - 13:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-newcster68@15 February 2004 - 17:21
    and...from what I was told is that if you have one mod member that doent want you as a mod the decision is final....aint that a crock.... in the USA we have a voting system that gets you in by majority vote not what one person thinks..but hey&#33; Im happy where I sit..

People put suggestions forward and we discuss and narrow it down based on lots of criteria...you&#39;d have to have a better reason than "I dont like him/her".

If theres a reason that someone doesnt think someone else is suited it would be brought up and a concensus taken.

It certainly is not a "Black Balled" idea....we leave that to the Masons and Golf Clubs [/b][/quote]
    cough cough cou7th..

did I just say that..cough

Old but still effective

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    internet.news
    Originally posted by Benno+15 February 2004 - 19:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Benno @ 15 February 2004 - 19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-newcster68@15 February 2004 - 16:39
    By my observance the only way you get to be a mod on this board is if your in the "Click" with all the regulars cause i dont see contributers getting the spots. Im a definate regular and have contributed lots to this board..but...alas......
    So you think every contributing member should become a mod after some time?

btw I just saw your sig very nice but what does the S stand for, I never saw that? [/b][/quote]
    You think, Benno, that if you allow every contributing member to be a mode if
    he or she would help itwould end in Chaos? I don&#39;t think so, I don&#39;t think many
    people would really want be a Moderator wouldn&#39;t they?

Guys, be happy after all Sweet dreams,

David.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I like the idea of "mod of the week." The mod of the week would be a "normal" member who becomes a mod for one week...followed by another...

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by newcster68+15 February 2004 - 19:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newcster68 &#064; 15 February 2004 - 19:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@15 February 2004 - 13:46
    <!--QuoteBegin-newcster68
    @15 February 2004 - 17:21

It certainly is not a "Black Balled" idea....we leave that to the Masons and Golf Clubs
    cough cough cou7th..

did I just say that..cough

Old but still effective [/b][/quote]
    Well, if that were the case then the Mods that are "In" would all belong to the same "Cliche(s)"....which they arent

We&#39;ve always been active on different areas of the Board (which is common sense as a Criteria btw) and in different timezones etc.

I can honestly say I didnt even know some of the past/present Mods (never even heard of &#39;em, until their name was brought up); until they were, or i was, made Mod

I&#39;ve seen people object to "Nominations", however they always backed up the objection with a reason. I cannot think of any time someone has said "I dont like him/her", with nothing to add to that. If they did, then it would carry very little weight in the decision making process i would think...certainly for me.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    Originally posted by internet.news@15 February 2004 - 12:34
    I recently saw that many threads have been accidentally posten often
    in wrong sections. And I just wished I could help moving this thread fastly

In addition as I am an Internet Addict since some time, I would ask you
    the Admins and Co-Administrators, whether I could help you out as an Area
    Moderator for the Internetworld.

I already asked 7th Element, but he seemed not too take my help offer
    serious - I would appreciate it as I am feeling a little useless while not being
    able to have a job which helps people

Sweet dreams,

David.
    I still think you are a very weird person that belongs in a colt cause you freak me out
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    h1
    David, you do realize that asking is the perfect way not to get a mod position?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Originally posted by haxor41789@15 February 2004 - 20:31
    David, you do realize that asking is the perfect way not to get a mod position?
    Finally someone who understands

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast