Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Image Editing Program

I've used Photoshop CS for a while, but personally, I like Paintshop Pro 8 alot more. It may not be quite as popular, but personally, I think it's alot better. Plus, it can use the same plugins.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by haxor41789@15 February 2004 - 23:47
    Photoshop CS is basically 8.0. I think.

As for the best, it's The GIMP, which is free, open-source, and damn capable.
    Well I suppose Ill just use the good ol GIMP since I already have it installed. Save me self some bandwitdh

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Cool, Thanks guys, you've been a lot of help!

D

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I'm a big graphics program buff so I'll just give my two cents.

Yeah, the Gimp is said to be comparable to Photoshop, and that's really great since it's free, and it's a lot smaller.

Paintshop Pro is good, but personally I like Photoshop. I do, however, like the interesting "tubes" feature. Basically painting tubes.
    I heard that Jasc is heading the way of Photshop CS in couterfieting protection (I explain below).

But without question, Photoshop is simply the best. As for plug-ins, it makes your life a lot easier. Everything can be done using built-in filters, layer properties, blending properties, and more. And the plug-ins have the same effect for various wanted, and mostly difficult by hand, effects with a couple of clicks. It's almost too easy. Sometimes I consider it cheating.

As for Photoshop CS, yes it is Photoshop 8.0, but I like 7.0 much better. Not only is CS not fully compatible with currently existing plug-ins, but you can't open a scan of the most commonly used currency, or anything even like it (I found a patch a hacker made, though ) . Also, it loads up slower. I mean it has some cool new features, but it's not worth it if you're new to Photoshop or art programs in general.

BTW, I made most of my sig in Photoshop.
    In fact... I pretty much use it for everything.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    k, loooong time ago I used Paint Shop Pro, which was very good and had options Photoshop didnt have. At the moment, i dont know whats better. I liked paint shop pro more.

Shut up, i know my english is bad&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    h1
    Originally posted by Xero Grid@16 February 2004 - 23:32
    But without question, Photoshop is simply the best. As for plug-ins, it makes your life a lot easier. Everything can be done using built-in filters, layer properties, blending properties, and more. And the plug-ins have the same effect for various wanted, and mostly difficult by hand, effects with a couple of clicks. It&#39;s almost too easy. Sometimes I consider it cheating.
    Four words man:
    Script-Fu for GIMP.

This has been a public service announcement.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Script-Fu for GIMP
    Technically, that&#39;s three words.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    can u edit moving pics with photoshop

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    yah.. i heard photoshop 7 is awesome..thats what i have..i just have no clue how to use it really
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    h1
    Originally posted by h121589@17 February 2004 - 22:31
    can u edit moving pics with photoshop
    Animated GIFs or PNGs like the avatars some members here have? Of course.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast